TRBO VNM Relief Fund!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUNKY

S281SVT
Established Member
I can't tell how much stuff J has put on my car , OK EVERYTHING LOL !!!!!!!!!!!! J puts everyone else first before himself in help mod my car Department . As soon as i get back and can skip a day at the range , maybe i'll drive down make my donation and come say hi. Hope your OK and feeling better !:beer:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Received three donations for the TVRF in the mail yesterday from Eatoneggbeater (Mike), ReVviNg HiGh (Mike), and drillsergeantjra (Jeff).

Thanks tons fellas for your generosity towards a great cause.

drillsergeantjra

THIS WE'LL DEFEND
Established Member
IronTerp said:
Received three donations for the TVRF in the mail yesterday from Eatoneggbeater (Mike), ReVviNg HiGh (Mike), and drillsergeantjra (Jeff).

Cool. Thanks for the update Dwight.:thumbsup:

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
about time Jeff shows up on the boards I am still waiting on that email:poke: :poke: :poke: he promise

you see what happens they sell their Cobras and they get old and slow:bash: :bash: :bash: time for Jeff to buy a corvette:uh oh:

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
IronTerp said:

Nice. Thanks for the update.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
good idea if the car is mainly just raced, but daily driving I prefer to have the airbags.

SPRAYED DAILY said:
I dont really know how I feel about airbags, I got into a bad accident about 2yrs ago and most of my injuries came from the airbags. After they deployed I was missing large amounts of skin on both of my arms and I had a sprained right thumb. The car sustained alot more damage than I did (~$15,000 worth) but I'm sure the seatbelts would have been sufficent enough to keep me in the car.
I don't want to hijack, but one last thought on airbags. I drive the Cobra as much on the street as the track, and I'll leave them in, because of having to use the DOT belt on the street. But if I tracked the car more than I do, I would just as soon not have the bag when using the harness. Since most of us street drive a lot, they just make sense. 2 conflicting examples though:

When my wife had her bags go off. it was from tapping a pickup in the rear. A bottle of touch up paint fixed the bumper, the $4,000 repair bill was for airbag damage-rear windows, windshield and bag/belt replacement.

A friend of mine, Gary, was tracking a fast '03 Cobra and spun into the concrete at Summit Point last year. Just had DOT belts, and the bags deployed. The contact had bent the frame, yet he had no injuries except the thrill of returning to the pits with the horn blaring.

Jason, I know you'll have lots of choices to make when rebuilding. I wouldn't worry about the airbags being a problem. Gary's car ran just fine after straightening the frame. And if it comes to needing airbags to get back on the street, you're welcome to mine. :D

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Sold a few things this week and sent a donation via paypal. Good luck Jason, let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

TRBO VNM

thanks guys and everyone else.

I will post pictures later today. have some yard work to do and need to work on Carter's car.

I will also probably post up my pro's and con's list for options and say what I plan to do and ask for opinions.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Received three more donations for the TVRF in the mail yesterday from 04mystic (Gary), thesnakecharmer (Kevin), and gcassidy (Greg).

Thanks folks! It's going to be great to know we helped get the orange monster back on the road.......

Nxt-Sumr

The Iceman
Established Member
Hey Jason sorry to hear about your car but I'm glad to that your allright. I just sent the money to the account. I know I'm not a MACA member but I don't mind helping out. Sorry it took so long. If you need any help just let me know.

GO EFA !!!!!! :D

Last edited:

KGStang

Blown 2K Gold GT
Established Member
hey, just read this post and the original about your crash, I was looking forward to taking up your offer and kicking back a few with you and looking over you car when we both got a chance. It was a pleasure meeting you at the MACA cruise to Iwo Jima as well as drooling over your absolutely amazing car, I'll be happy to give what I can for a great person and a beautiful car!

You guys at MACA are absolutely amazing, I wish I had a Cobra to join up with such an awesome group of people :beer: best of luck to all of you :thumbsup:

Last edited:

undrpresr

Established Member
I just paypal'd a donation.

J that sucks about the car...I was away from the forums for a couple weeks I can't believe that happened! I didn't even know about it till Matt told me. Hope all goes well getting it back together. Let me know if you need any help fixing it or tearing it apart or anything. I may not work on cars for a living anymore but I still do it in my free time so give me a hollar if you need help. Good luck!

TRBO VNM

thanks J. car is now a rolling chassis. whole drivetrain is out, stock K member is in and starting on the interior this weekend. gotta get the body guy back now to take a look at it. the passenger rail is ripped.:cuss:

mm49

Established Member
Just a quick update ! The donation for this fund have been overwhelming...Words can not sum up the heart felt appreciation that individuals have given to this fund to help a fellow mustanger get through a tough time.

I am asking Dwight to close the thread and I will ending the Paypal contribution & email address as of Midnight tonight. I have been swamped with emails and I know I have missed some due to a comcast issue last week. So I apoligize if I missed you and one or two folks didn't get to contribute. No big deal its the thoughts that count the most and each and everyone will be passed along to Jason. In a week I will be passing the contribution on to Jason in the form of Check totaling in excess of $3000 from Paypal and personal check combined....

So thanks again for generous giving. And I hope and & pray no one else has to go through a similar situation, but if so it is awesome how everyone has come together to support there brother...Keep the faith !!!

Jon Lund
Lund Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread