TRBO VNM Relief Fund!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Damn, can't believe I just found out about this and can't believe it actually happened! That car was amazing and crazy fast. Jason, so glad you are ok. I can't imagine what must have been going through your head before,during, and after the crash. I was the guy with the silver GT vert that met you at MIR on that cold Wednesday night test and tune back in March or April.

I'm tight on cash now, but once I sell my supercharger, I will gladly donate to the cause. I wanna see your car back in business and running 9's, that thing is my dream car . On another note, if I need any work done on my car, I'll gladly give you the business to give you some more cash (can you do SFC installs?)

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
N2DAMYSTIC said:
Sending Donation for an awesome person! I cannot say enough about the help and advice you have given me, the money you have saved me, and your friendship.

I feel that you are a genuine person and at times it seems you are more willing to help other people than your self. The 78 posts above are proof of that. Your committment to this hobby, the MACA, and the people on theses forums is very respected and well earned.

Although you are down on luck right now, there is no doubt that you will persevere. Your passion for this hobby will get you there in no time, I'm sure. But I'm glad to have the opportunity to help you get there.

Tim

+1. That's dead on Tim. Couldn't have said it better myself, even if I paid someone to do it. We are all here for you and will help in any way. You can have the half shaft. That will be my first donation. If you need both now, you can have the other too. That's how the MACA rolls.

TRBO VNM

03silvr10thvert said:
+1. That's dead on Tim. Couldn't have said it better myself, even if I paid someone to do it. We are all here for you and will help in any way. You can have the half shaft. That will be my first donation. If you need both now, you can have the other too. That's how the MACA rolls.

really appreciate it scott and everything else people are doing. You all have no clue what this means to me. I just figured helping and providing services car related to everyone and knowledge was just my way of life and helping others and didn't think much of it. I mean, this type of response from MACA and even people I haven't met is just mind blowing. I never thought much of the helping and stuff that I have done. It's just second nature really.

BTW Scott, with everything that has been going on I forgot to call you. Frank at DSS is going to replace my half shaft and he has the parts I need and is doing all of that for me. covering under warranty. thank you for the offer, but keep them now in case you end up needing them.

"It'll Run"

Established Member
KissMySVT said:
The Orange Monster will be back before we know it!
Damn right......:beer:
Dwight I am sending the check out today pal....

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
Man that sucks what happened and if I haven't been sick all summer I would have gladly given you some funding. I'm sure you're next set-up will be even beter then before. Good luck with every thing, Joe.

vipergts281

Established Member
Why do bad things happen to such good people?

I transferred a few bucks over to my PayPal account. So when it shows up I will donate it.

I'm glad to see all of us coming together to help someone who has helped so many of us.

:beer:

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
I can't beleive this happen and I'm just finding out. As it turns out, I too am going to need some body work done, but I'm sure it's nothing compared to yours. As soon as I get mine in the shop and all fixed up, I'll donate what ever I have left over. Glad to hear you're alright though. I know I can't be much help way up here but if there's anything I can do, just let me know. I'm at least a good halfway point between you MD guys and Rhodes so if you need a pit stop, I'm your man..

03sonicblu

going 4 broke
Established Member
speechless

Jason,

After the PM you sent me today at Modfords I didn’t know what to say. You have been nothing but stand up from the first time I spoke to you. The deals you gave me for your old Eaton BF orange pulleys and Afco HE were great and the referral to Jon Lund who was nothing but great as well. Although we have never met I value your acquaintance and wished I lived closer to you so I could help you with the labor intensive project you have ahead. Anyhow...I'll call you tonight.....just paypal'd $50 and will send more after I get paid.:rockon:

Matt

TRBO VNM

thanks Matt and everyone else again.

right now my 2 concerns are the straightening of the frame and airbags. I can get the airbags, but Dwight scared me about electrical issues associated with the car after they go off. while I am confident the impact had no bearing on the electrical system behind the dash, I am not sure about the airbags. The steering wheel one is pretty straight forward, but I haven't looked at the passenger side one. obviously the sensors in the engine bay need to be replaced and stuff, but this worries me now.

hopefully it will all be clear after this weekend.

Boostin03

I live the Viking Song
Established Member
I will be sending my donation tomorrow morning Jason. Good Luck with her!!-Ralph

TRBO VNM

thanks Ralph.

well, I was just on the phone with Max. Motorsports for a customer and decided to ask about a Kmember for a fox body with the 4 valve motor and hellion kit....they do make one. he said give us a week since we don't have it in stock. I said it will take more than a week to tear my car apart.

anyway, time will tell. :(

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Jason, I'm not sure what the concern is with the airbag deployment. Is it something specific to Cobras? About 4 years ago my wife shot off both bags in her Windstar, and except for 2 blown out rear windows and a cracked windshield, there were no problems. And I know a number of racers who wear their harnesses most of the time, and install "Mexican" airbags. Not sure I'd go that far myself, though.

TRBO VNM

gcassidy said:
Jason, I'm not sure what the concern is with the airbag deployment. Is it something specific to Cobras? About 4 years ago my wife shot off both bags in her Windstar, and except for 2 blown out rear windows and a cracked windshield, there were no problems. And I know a number of racers who wear their harnesses most of the time, and install "Mexican" airbags. Not sure I'd go that far myself, though.

assume mexican means non-existent??

SPRAYED DAILY

MACA
Established Member
I dont really know how I feel about airbags, I got into a bad accident about 2yrs ago and most of my injuries came from the airbags. After they deployed I was missing large amounts of skin on both of my arms and I had a sprained right thumb. The car sustained alot more damage than I did (~$15,000 worth) but I'm sure the seatbelts would have been sufficent enough to keep me in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread