Tremec Booth

Chipofsc

Established Member
We went to the GoodGuys show this past weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway and Tremec had a booth setup with all the new 5 and 6 speed units on display. My cobra has the T56 and my buddy has the same in his GTO. He also has the 5 speed in his 67 Camaro so we were asking about shifting problem with the T56. The sales guy was a real ass. He said good luck with the T56. Can't get parts for them anymore and they shift like crap. Really ? Can't get parts for them ? there are thousands of these trans out there from cobras to corvettes. American Power train seems to be able to work on them and even make them stronger. This guy was a dick and shouldn't be representing Tremec. Maybe he should stay in the shop.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Guess the having almost 400 thousand miles on mine says they dont hold up..changed bearing sleeve@40k

haven't touched it since

sneakysnake03

SVT
Established Member
Not all T-56 transmissions are the same they all have there differences. Some of the parts are getting hard to come by, but they can still be found just have to look in the right places. The ones you see on American Power-train are the T-56 Magnums.

Users who are viewing this thread