Tremec TR-7009 DCT 7 speed

SlowSVT

Established Member
There are rumors Ford will equip the GT350 with a Tremec TR-7009 DCT 7 speed transmission. It's got triple overdrive the thing is a beast! It weighs close to 200 lbs.

9007%20DCT_photo.jpg

http://www.tremec.com/menu.php?m=149

From my perspective I think adding another gear is a bit over the top I can't imagine why one would want another gear on top of 6th. Am I missing something here? Would you choose a TR-7009 over a Magnum?

SlowSVT

Established Member
I'd rather have a stick shift.

I didn't realize this was an auto. They where discussing it on the GT350 side saying this was a possible transmission Ford would use in the car so I assumed it was manual for an SVT car. The new Corvette has the ZF 7 speed manual available I was thinking Ford might do the same.

bubblehead93

Established Member
Its a dual clutch transmission, so it is like the trannies you see in high end cars, one clutch for even gears, one clutch for odd... google it for more info... this is the classic high end sport car paddle shift transmission... real question will be the speed of the shift... the high end sports car world measures the shifts in milliseconds for these transmissions... it would be kind of cool if it delivered that type of shift... it will also be interesting to see the torque rating for the tranny...

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Its a dual clutch transmission, so it is like the trannies you see in high end cars, one clutch for even gears, one clutch for odd... google it for more info... this is the classic high end sport car paddle shift transmission... real question will be the speed of the shift... the high end sports car world measures the shifts in milliseconds for these transmissions... it would be kind of cool if it delivered that type of shift... it will also be interesting to see the torque rating for the tranny...
It says right on the website, 664hp.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I've never driven a paddle shift car. I some ways it must be awesome but I like doling out power to the wheels using a clutch. I take it you can stop while it's in gear. Maybe someone can school me on this.

Users who are viewing this thread