Tried my hand at the Mystichrome again...

Cape T/A

Established Member
DSCN1591.jpg

Well i went out to try and duplicate this pic today, but at a pleasing front angle of the car. I spent well over 2 hours just trying to find the right angle and well, I simply could not get the colors I wanted in the pics. I think next time I need the sun to be as low in the sky as possible to give the brightest colors. But any how these are what I came up with today.

DSCN1783.jpg

DSCN1778.jpg

DSCN1774.jpg

DSCN1769.jpg

DSCN1765.jpg

DSCN1762.jpg

DSCN1760.jpg

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
I wish I had a DSLR with a polarizer and I bet that last pic would have came out amazing!

That is what I was going to recommend you get your hands on. A large body DSLR with decent glass and a polarizer to keep the glare at bay and bring out the contrast.

A Nikon COOLPIX L120 just isn't going to cut the muster with a color like that. If you want, send me the original jpeg of the 2nd to last one and I'll see what I can do to fix things a bit.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Love that car.

I like them more every time I see one.

I will always regret not buying this one I looked at. Bone stock, 1100 miles and absolutely perfect. The owner needed CASH and he needed it right now.
He said he would have taken 27K. This was back in 2008.
But then I would have two Cobras, a 2003 & the 2004 Mystichrome:shrug:

SVT03DAL

Established Member
Nice photos dude! Gotta love the mystichrome paint! This summer I plan on doing a time elapsed shot from my office window of my MC parked outside below. The color seems to changed every hour and a half or so as the sun moves across the sky from east to west.

Now go sand/polish that cat-back! :)

Cape T/A

Established Member
Thanks for all the positive comments everyone!!!

That is what I was going to recommend you get your hands on. A large body DSLR with decent glass and a polarizer to keep the glare at bay and bring out the contrast.

A Nikon COOLPIX L120 just isn't going to cut the muster with a color like that. If you want, send me the original jpeg of the 2nd to last one and I'll see what I can do to fix things a bit.
haha, thats the exact camera I have. I wont mess with sending ya a pic, Im not that woried about it.

Love that car.

I like them more every time I see one.

I will always regret not buying this one I looked at. Bone stock, 1100 miles and absolutely perfect. The owner needed CASH and he needed it right now.
He said he would have taken 27K. This was back in 2008.
But then I would have two Cobras, a 2003 & the 2004 Mystichrome:shrug:
The more cars the better!!!

What colors you were looking for?

ALL OF THEM!!!!!

Do you do many rally/off road events with this car? :)
Um..... none! I do believe the previous owner did though, got the car with 21k miles and they have got a lot of rock chips on the car. But I know what ya meant, Lowering the car is on the to do list!

Users who are viewing this thread