Trimming the antenna

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
Not the best picture and the contrast is not as noticable in person, but I would still like to find a flat/satin cap.

DSC01540_zps19f38005.jpg

its looks ok, that rear quarter panel below the antenna needs some TLC though.

NoVA_Mike

Established Member
The Craven Stubby antenna. Clipping the antenna is a step above carving a spoiler out of wood and painting it black to save money. I'm just sayin'.

IMG_2314.png

kona12

Established Member
I went to Pep boys 10 bucks same size as shorty antenna, looks good jay as long as you don't cut through the metal you should be ok, thought about gettin a spare. And see how far the metal extends inside to make as short as possible

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
The Craven Stubby antenna. Clipping the antenna is a step above carving a spoiler out of wood and painting it black to save money. I'm just sayin'.

IMG_2314.png

I saw this one yesterday and was wondering about the fitment! LOVE IT!

I'm ordering! Thanks:rockon:

acrbill

Established Member
who listens to regular radio anyhow? Then again if you are cutting down your stock antenna you probably the type who won't spring for the monthly fee yet has $200k sitting in the bank rotting away.

ViciousJay

Established Member

IMG_2314.png

emynu3ys.jpg
I capped it with a boost line plug. It looks almost factory to me if I never saw the stocker. There people who innovate and others who throw money to the wind, that's all. Hey Travis I totally agree with going antenna-less or somehow wiring the standard radio antenna to the Sirius one which I'm going to disconnect as soon as it gets warm outside cuz I Songza and pandora over sync from my phone. The only time I listen to radio is when I listen to AM talk sports radio on the way to work

Last edited:

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
emynu3ys.jpg
There people who innovate and others who throw money to the wind, that's all.

I agree totally. More important things shouldn't be
"rigged", but we're talking about the damn antenna here...Who cares. Looks great and 100% stock with the cap on it. Good job.

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
emynu3ys.jpg
I capped it with a boost line plug. It looks almost factory to me if I never saw the stocker. There people who innovate and others who throw money to the wind, that's all. Hey Travis I totally agree with going antenna-less or somehow wiring the standard radio antenna to the Sirius one which I'm going to disconnect as soon as it gets warm outside cuz I Songza and pandora over sync from my phone. The only time I listen to radio is when I listen to AM talk sports radio on the way to work

MUCH better. I'd do this! What is a boost line plug? Talk to me Goose? Link? Something?:banana::shrug:

EDIT: Found THESE!

VJ, how tall is your "cut" antenna now and can you take a complete side shot of your car so I can see how it looks from the side???

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
I told everyone at Ford who would listen to me that the new Mustang needs to ditch the antenna.

qft. i have been saying this for years. every car maker with any common sense stopped using external antenna's back in the 90's. im still waiting for someone to sell a true antenna delete kit for 11-14 GT. i havent listened to fm radio in 10 years.

ViciousJay

Established Member
MUCH better. I'd do this! What is a boost line plug? Talk to me Goose? Link? Something?:banana::shrug:

EDIT: Found THESE!

VJ, how tall is your "cut" antenna now and can you take a complete side shot of your car so I can see how it looks from the side???

It's a standard boost line plug, get it local at your nearest hardware/auto store, noting crazy

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Just did mine. 5 seconds with wire cutters and $2 later and its done!! I looked at all the offerings and I like the way the OEM antenna is perfectly color matched with the base and the perfect diameter. Plus, why spend $30 for a $2 replication???

1358793295.gif

Ill post a pic of it on my car. I'm running errands. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread