Trinity HP numbers please!

KRS

Established Member
I live in the great white North (Canada) and our dollar is back in the toilet which is preventing me from buying the 800hp VMP TVS Kit for my 2011.

Trinity's show up forsale every now and again in Canada at a fair price. So I was wondering what I'd be looking at for wheel hp for the following combinations, with a 91 tune:

1 - Trinity with stock pulley and a tune.

2 - Trinity with a 2.4 pulley and a tune (injectors?).

3 - Trinity, 2.4 pulley, 56lb injectors, 65 or 67mm throttle body, JLT 123, colder plugs and a tune.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Speedboosted

Established Member
Thanks, I'll go through the post. I'm guessing:

1 - 610
2 - 640
3 - 690

Give or take 10hp.

Little ambitious with 2 and 3 but good ballpark. Nothing over 660 through stock exhaust though, I don't care how many people chime in with their happy Dynojet charts that try to tell me otherwise.

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
I live in the great white North (Canada) and our dollar is back in the toilet which is preventing me from buying the 800hp VMP TVS Kit for my 2011.

Trinity's show up forsale every now and again in Canada at a fair price. So I was wondering what I'd be looking at for wheel hp for the following combinations, with a 91 tune:

1 - Trinity with stock pulley and a tune.

2 - Trinity with a 2.4 pulley and a tune (injectors?).

3 - Trinity, 2.4 pulley, 56lb injectors, 65 or 67mm throttle body, JLT 123, colder plugs and a tune.

Thanks!!

Trinity, tune, and nothing else? = 550

Trinity + 2.4 = you must do option 3 as far as fuel, spark, and air.

Option 3 = 620-640. Maybe more IMO. You would also need a pump booster and likely greater than 56# injectors.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I made 644 on pump gas with option 3, you could touch 700 with long tubes and a lower on race gas or torco i believe.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
^A few factors are going to change your numbers, but essentially yes. Remember different dyno's will run higher or lower than others, even of the same kind. Also, mustang dyno vs dyno jet vs the other one will produce different numbers, air temp, elevation, tuner, etc, will all change these numbers.

KRS

Established Member
^A few factors are going to change your numbers, but essentially yes. Remember different dyno's will run higher or lower than others, even of the same kind. Also, mustang dyno vs dyno jet vs the other one will produce different numbers, air temp, elevation, tuner, etc, will all change these numbers.

The reason I'm asking numbers is just to get an idea about what kind of power I'd be looking at. I'm no where close to a dyno so I'd be doing an email tune with VMP or Lund. I'm currently just running a pulley and tune on the stock Eaton.

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
I ditched the 2.4 idea because VMP said I would need a BAP and possibly larger injectors (mind you I still upgraded to 56#). All for about 20 more HP. I didn't think it was worth the money. I stuck with the stock 2.6 or whatever.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I ditched the 2.4 idea because VMP said I would need a BAP and possibly larger injectors (mind you I still upgraded to 56#). All for about 20 more HP. I didn't think it was worth the money. I stuck with the stock 2.6 or whatever.

It depends on the year car, 11+ can get away with bigger injectors and no bap.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Little ambitious with 2 and 3 but good ballpark. Nothing over 660 through stock exhaust though, I don't care how many people chime in with their happy Dynojet charts that try to tell me otherwise.

I agree with him ^^^
You can force all the air you want into that bitch, you are gonna eventually come to a point of diminishing returns if you can't get it out. I maxed out at about 650-660 RWHP prior to real exhaust mods. Once I put long tubes on the car and ditched the cats for a full 3" system, I hit right around 720 RWHP with a 65mm SCJ TB and just over 740 RWHP with a 72mm L&M TB.

I'm planning on getting my TVS off to 1320Junkie sometime soon for a full port job. That'll probably just about do it for my stock bottom end, so this car will likely be done with power increasing mods; just in time for a GT350 to join it in the garage...:rollseyes

Last edited:

tktlwyr

Established Member
I agree with him ^^^
You can force all the air you want into that bitch, you are gonna eventually come to a point of diminishing returns if you can't get it out. I maxed out at about 650-660 RWHP prior to real exhaust mods. Once I put long tubes on the car and ditched the cats for a full 3" system, I hit right around 720 RWHP with a 65mm SCJ TB and just over 740 RWHP with a 72mm L&M TB.

Just out of curiosity, is this with a 10% lower? Boost level? Race fuel? My 2.9 Whipple recently let go and I found out yesterday, while out of town, one of the screws broke. From what Mike said, this is the first 2.9 he's seen this happen on. Whipple is giving me a good price on a new polished head unit, but I had been contemplating switching to a VMP Gen2 unit. I'm also running headers, off road, etc. and an L&M 72. Just trying to get all available info through my head before pulling the trigger. :) Thanks!

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I do not have a lower, I run a 2.4 upper on a Trinity TVS with an L&M elbow and FRPP 65mm TB. My exhaust mods are Kooks long tubes, Kooks 3" O/R H pipe, 3" Shelby Super Snake cat-back (made by JBA). Fuel comes from a stock set of pumps, Kenne Bell dual Boost-a-pump and 13-14 injectors. Cooling mods are 170* thermostat, increased capacity intercooler tank and C&R dual fan heat ex-changer. In this form the car made 720 peak RWHP and trapped 131-132 pretty consistently.
With the same set up and an L&M 72mm TB in place of the FRPP 65, I made 740 peak, but there was a significant increase under the entire curve. The L&M was a beast of a TB, but I had all sorts of drivability issues so I ended up going back to the 65 just for the ease of it and sense of confidence. If I had the time to spend at the tuners to get it right, I would have kept the L&M and never looked back. The car picked up a consistent 2 MPH at the trap with that TB and a hot 93+ octane tune.

I've never run anything higher than 93 octane fuel in my car while on the dyno. Every once in a while I throw a gallon or two of unleaded race fuel in it when I'm at the track just to be safe, but I actually tune on 91 because the fuel in my area is very unreliable and often 91 is the most likely product at the "Super" pump.

builttodrive

Established Member
Those are some impressive numbers Pistol Whip. I don't know where my car is currently at with a little more aggressive tune in it than I previously had from the last time I was on the Dyno but I would imagine I not at those numbers. I wonder where my car would be falling short in making those kind of numbers. Especially since I'm on E85.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
Those are some impressive numbers Pistol Whip. I don't know where my car is currently at with a little more aggressive tune in it than I previously had from the last time I was on the Dyno but I would imagine I not at those numbers. I wonder where my car would be falling short in making those kind of numbers. Especially since I'm on E85.

I agree, those are great numbers! I think it has a lot to do with elevation and the type of dyno. Pistolwhip- Were those numbers on a dynojet? I know they say we shouldn't go off of hp numbers and to instead focus on trap speeds, but when someone is almost 100rwhp more with the same mods, it makes you wonder...

TheGovernment

Established Member
I have everything on option 3 (with a 2.4 pulley), except I went with the new Deatschworks 3400 x 2 fuel pumps instead of the BAP. I got my Trinity from BPS for a great price. I've almost spent 10K with them in the past year lol.... Next will be long tubes and hopefully a Magnum XL trans swap when our dollar gets better.

I haven't installed anything yet, waiting for spring but hoping to get 640ish HP and around 670 or so with LT's and a new exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread