Trinity HP numbers please!

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I did #3 with a VMP fuel pump booster for my 2011; tuned by VMP. No real dyno yet, but the butt dyno says it makes holy shit more power than my stock m122 with 2.5 pulley.
:D

tktlwyr

Established Member
740whp with no lower pulley, race gas or e85? I wanna hit 800+ with my setup, where is that dyno lol.

I'm not claiming to be an expert on this but it appears that standard numbers with mineshaft air vs. SAE numbers and different smoothing values can all have a pretty decent effect on the horsepower.

I had my car tuned in December and was specifically shown on the computer screen that it made 735 to the wheels. When the graph was printed out, it was at 720. I don't recall the smoothing value from the screen and it's off the edge of the paper on the graph. If you factor in a "happy" dyno, all hell can break loose.

My setup is pretty close to PW's...Whipple CAI, L&M 72 TB, 2.9 Whipple with a 3.0 pulley (making 18 lbs) versus his Trinity, Kooks 1 7/8" into a Kooks off road X and exiting back through 2 3/4" cat back. Supporting this are 72 lb injectors, VMP dual BaP, Revan dual fan H/E, Revan radiator and 170* thermostat and a 93 octane tune.

Last edited:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I agree, those are great numbers! I think it has a lot to do with elevation and the type of dyno. Pistolwhip- Were those numbers on a dynojet? I know they say we shouldn't go off of hp numbers and to instead focus on trap speeds, but when someone is almost 100rwhp more with the same mods, it makes you wonder...

I'm sure elevation and air quality plays a huge roll in it. The dyno is a "loaded dynojet" so while it's not quite as conservative as a Mustang Dyno, it does usually show a bit lower than a traditional Dynojet. I don't think 720 is 100 RWHP above most cars with my mods though. I've seen plenty of 500's making 700 or just below it with the same mods as mine.

Regardless, trap speed tells the story. Anyone that wants to claim the RWHP numbers are inflated can simply look at the weight of my car and the traps speeds to predict actual RWHP. I don't really care one way or the other what the dyno says. I care about what the little white slip I get in the return lane says.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I found 1 time slip n my PB account. Trap speed was just under 132 on 20" rims and street tires with the FRPP TB. My PB trap speed was the same night with the L&M TB and slightly more aggressive tune; I went 134.
5695945F_zps6753ba1f.jpg

I though I had my dyno sheet in there, but I can't find it. I know I have a few at home, I'll post a pic when I get home.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Here's the Dyno and Dyno Cell with my car on it if anyone wants to try to figure out what magic goblins caused it to read so high... LOL As you can see, we're not talking about some fly by night gas station with a pair of 55 gallon drums sunk into the ground.
b19ca6f5.jpg

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
I'm sure elevation and air quality plays a huge roll in it. The dyno is a "loaded dynojet" so while it's not quite as conservative as a Mustang Dyno, it does usually show a bit lower than a traditional Dynojet. I don't think 720 is 100 RWHP above most cars with my mods though. I've seen plenty of 500's making 700 or just below it with the same mods as mine.

Regardless, trap speed tells the story. Anyone that wants to claim the RWHP numbers are inflated can simply look at the weight of my car and the traps speeds to predict actual RWHP. I don't really care one way or the other what the dyno says. I care about what the little white slip I get in the return lane says.

I definitely agree about trap speeds but those of us that aren't near any good tracks all we have to go off of are the rwhp numbers unfortunately. Then we just have to ballpark what the car is capable of until we get to a good track. Still impressive numbers for the car and driver (time slips)!

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Oh the driver needs A LOT of work, trust me!! :lol: This car is capable of low 10's with the right wheel man and a track rim / tire set up. I seriously struggle with the transmission in these cars, the remote mount shifter coupled with the hydraulic clutch own me thoroughly. I'm somewhat of an "old school" drag racer and always drove by feel. My last 03 Cobra was one of the biggest over achievers in this area and I could drive that bitch like I was part of it. That car made about 580 RWHP (on the same dyno as above) and I was able to turn consistent 1.5x 60's with a best of 10.80 in the mid 120's in the middle of July.
This car, not so much. I just installed a MGW II and it feels leaps and bounds better, but I haven't been able to get on the track with it yet. At 690 Ft.Lbs of torque, power shifting into 2nd on the street is A BIG NO NO, so it's hard to say if it will help me get this thing down the track quicker.

I am lucky to have a great track 20 minutes from my house though. Atco Raceway awesome, very well maintained and very good air/elevation. A lot of old school guys used to joke that it was sloped downhill. They actually had an engineer debunk that rumor after it started getting legs when social media and internet forums really started becoming a big part of the sport.

Last edited:

Speedboosted

Established Member

Numbers are in my sig, and our mods are exactly the same. I'd say I went to a lower reading dyno and you a little higher reading one, but they're pretty close. Especially since you have an extra 100 pounds or so

1st usa car

Established Member
Variables: different dynos - drivers and conditions

My question is how much of crank horsepower? VMP sells a GENII 800hp kit that is about 700whp -- what does that kit include? ---Trinity tvs makes less than Gen II but how much less? 20-30whp??? Just thinking out loud.

I was guessing my car w/ 93 octane tune would be around 670whp at sea level.

Sirhc7897

Established Member
Variables: different dynos - drivers and conditions

My question is how much of crank horsepower? VMP sells a GENII 800hp kit that is about 700whp -- what does that kit include? ---Trinity tvs makes less than Gen II but how much less? 20-30whp??? Just thinking out loud.

I was guessing my car w/ 93 octane tune would be around 670whp at sea level.

I'm running what is essentially the VMP 800 kit on my 2011 with the addition of stainless works full exhaust with ORX. Put down 717/701 on their in house dyno a couple weeks ago...
-Gen 2 TVS
-2.4 upper (no lower)
-56lb injectors
-VMP fuel pump booster
-JLT 123
-VMP 67mm throttle
-C&R heat exchanger
-170 t-stat
-SW full exhaust (ORX)

Fairly safe tune. (A/F sits right around 11.0-11.2 now at WOT)...

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I have Option 3 more or less, (different parts) with a set of AR LT's and Corsa out back. My parts are in my sig. My blower is not ported. I'll get it back up to Jay one of these days...(why oh why did I not get it ported the FIRST time !!!)

Last time I dyno'ed on mobile Dyno, in 98 degree weather here in S. FL I made 682/659. I have since made some changes, and Bill has updated the tune. I have yet to dyno since then.

Last time at the track, in 82 degree weather, I was trapping 131 consistently. Now if I could just work my 60ft and my 1/8 mile.......

USMC500

Established Member
My tuner and I hate the BAP we went with 2 340 aeromotuve pumps in tank, ID1000 injectors grant it in am making 828 rwhp mustang dyno out of at 2.3 TVS

Users who are viewing this thread