Trouble getting burnt rubber off

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
Hey guys,

I have a good amount of tire rubber sticking to the front wheels after HPDE at VIR and the wheel cleaners I have aren't getting the job done. What do you guys use to get the melted rubber off after a track day?

scottmartin

lets get ready to rumble!
Established Member
burnt rubber

I think your problem is that when the wheels get hot, the rubber sticks to the wheel liner and inside of the wheel. You may have to wait until the wheels are a similar temp as on the track and then GENTLY scrap the junk off. Scott

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Force4.6 said:
Hey guys,

I have a good amount of tire rubber sticking to the front wheels after HPDE at VIR and the wheel cleaners I have aren't getting the job done. What do you guys use to get the melted rubber off after a track day?

Are you talking about marbles stuck on the I.D. of your rim?!?! If so, just put on some Mechanix gloves and rip them off with your hands.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
I just took the plunge and bought a dedicated set of track wheels. Can't remember the last time I cleaned them ...

Hmmmmm ..... weekend project maybe ??

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
I will try heating them the wheels in the sun this weekend or use a hair dryer. Basically its tiny dots of burnt rubber on the front of the wheels. All I know is everything so far hasn't worked. Thanks for the help guys

Users who are viewing this thread