Trouble in Cobraville

TomballGuy05

Established Member
My wife and I are driving to Houston for the weekend. It's about 650 miles. We made it 350 until things went south. The car was running fine, then the A/C went out. We stopped for gas and when I started the car back up the P/S wasn't working. It's midnight and we're in the middle of nowhere so we keep on truckin'. A few miles down the road the engine temp is maxxed and as I pull to the side it dies. I pop the hood and there is radiator fluid everywhere. I didn't have a flashlight to see anything but couldn't see any hoses that were leaking in my cellphone light. We're at a hotel for the night, and I'm going to take it to the dealership in the morning. Anything I should check that would be an easy fix before I drop it off for the dealership to have their way with me? :shrug:

wjk

Established Member
My wife and I are driving to Houston for the weekend. It's about 650 miles. We made it 350 until things went south. The car was running fine, then the A/C went out. We stopped for gas and when I started the car back up the P/S wasn't working. It's midnight and we're in the middle of nowhere so we keep on truckin'. A few miles down the road the engine temp is maxxed and as I pull to the side it dies. I pop the hood and there is radiator fluid everywhere. I didn't have a flashlight to see anything but couldn't see any hoses that were leaking in my cellphone light. We're at a hotel for the night, and I'm going to take it to the dealership in the morning. Anything I should check that would be an easy fix before I drop it off for the dealership to have their way with me? :shrug:

That sucks man, sorry to hear that. Just a guess, if there were no hoses leaking it could be the thermostat. Anyways, it'd be nice to get more people to chime in. Well good luck, hopefully its nothing serious!

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
Your p/s, a/c, and water pump all run off of the same belt. I bet the belt broke/came off.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

When you stopped for gas and your a/c was not working, and P/S went out, did you pop the hood??:shrug: Simply sounds like you lost your belt, but I hope that you didn't do any damage to the motor by driving until overheating.

Fat-cat

Established Member
I bet your Inner belt wanted to see something along your trip and decided to part ways. They are a bitch to replace.

black 10th vert

Established Member
If it is that inner belt, it's not something he can change while on the road anyway, because that damn pulley cage is in the way, and has to be removed (unless there is an aftermarket lower).

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
+1 on the fan belt (haha) I need to change mine out since it's the original. hopefully you didn't drive it to long on the high temps and burnt up a valve or something.

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
When you stopped for gas and your a/c was not working, and P/S went out, did you pop the hood??:shrug: Simply sounds like you lost your belt, but I hope that you didn't do any damage to the motor by driving until overheating.

This would be more of a concern for me... good luck man. That damn Houston!!

thelpb

Established Member
If the OP has an aftermarket lower it can be done on the side of the road / in a parking lot. I've been there. Granted it took about 4 hours :/

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
I also hope you did not run it to long while it was overheating, you could warp the heads!! GL OP...

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
LoL at the fanbelt comment. I would check in the area for a performance shop before Id take it to a dealership. Cause they gonna rape you. What area are you in?

Users who are viewing this thread