Truck Grille Wall Art

andymarkv

Established Member
I saw this sad sack of Dentside F150 at the junkyard and thought I could at least do something with the grille & headlight buckets. (funny, I only noticed today it had a Bumpside bed on it!)
PAP F150.jpg

I used scrap wood to mount it, and hacked out some headlight mounting buckets.
grill 3.jpg

grill 4.jpg

I bought some cheap white Amazon LED's for the heads and ambers for the marker lights + a 4 outlet extension cord to hook to my overhead lights so they come on with the wall switch.

I painted the backer board...but I'm not sure, maybe the black behind the grille is too dark...? I may change it to white to make the grille pop more.
Also...I had planned to drill the sealed beams for led's...but it might look better with only the markers lit up? (I guess I can drill them and if the headlights are too distracting, turn them off)
The bumper area is a little unfinished looking, I may just trim it off. I looked for a cheap fiberglass or plastic bumper, no such luck!

I see quite a few people doing this with Jeep grilles, but not as much with trucks.

(The headlights are just set in position for mockup, I need to fully mount them)
grill 2.jpg
grill.jpg

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
In the late 80's early 90s I had an 73 F250 highboy 390 3 speed manual. It had that grill, so needless to say, I fully approve. I think just the ambers lit, are enough.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Unique.

I’m far too lazy to do this, and it would be too expensive to buy, so I’ll never have this.

andymarkv

Established Member
Surprisingly its not that hard to make. I really just eyeballed most of it and hacked the mounting pieces out with a sawzall. (those pieces are mostly hidden and the paint covers the rest)
Its definitely garage art...vs house art. lol
The longest time I have into it, was getting the grille off the donor truck...ALL the fasteners were rusted fast..
Grille was $37, lights & extension cord $45, wood/paint/fasteners were leftovers sitting in the shop.

floodstang

Established Member
I like it! I was going to do something similar with a nose from a 87-93 GT but I got lazy and threw it away.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Very cool, I wouldn’t mind doing something like this for garage art.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nicely done garage wall art! It definitely fits in any garage that houses a truck. If nothing else, it's a conversation starter. The lit amber parking lights does the trick!

Users who are viewing this thread