Trucker Strike?

Chopin

Seeker of Truth
Established Member
I've heard a rumor from a couple of different people that truckers are intending to do a short general protest by just parking their rigs and refusing to drive.

I've heard that it will last a few hours. Someone else said a week.

Of course, if might all be just non-sense. Wondered if anyone else heard this.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Wouldn't surprise me. I'm shocked this doesn't get anymore attention. If you want to shut this country down, mess up trucking and logistics .....

I think we need to make convoys legal again.

they're already on tv griping about how much money it's costing them, anyone really think they can afford to go on a short general strike?

i doubt it. you don't like what you do, go to work for a company that pays the cost of fuel. I used to run my 01 Explorer 300 miles a day as a courier, and no amount of griping I did, made any difference, it got to the point where I was declining trip orders because i only had enough gas to get home. finally I said to heck with it, and I went to work for a tuxedo company delivering tux's for about the same money using their Sprinter Vans.

It was a fun job until gas got above $2.00, then it just became another burden to worry about...i started when gas was $1.59 (i'd kill to pay that again for gas) and I drove a mint condition 91 Honda Civic, with a 5 speed, I could jet around town all day rack up 250 miles and go almost all of the next day before I had to refuel again...i got 450 - 470 miles to a tank of gas out of that little bugger, and I made about $150 - $200 a day. interior was immaculate, outside was perfect, never wrecked, old lady driven before I owned it. very nice car. wish I still had it but it started giving me electrical problems in Dec of 2005 that started to become very costly, so I traded it in.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
i can't believe they haven't already done it. 4.10 for diesel? that is ridiculous. didn't they use to clog the highways by driving 3 wide at 50 mph when diesel prices went too high? i thought i heard that before.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
i can't believe they haven't already done it. 4.10 for diesel? that is ridiculous. didn't they use to clog the highways by driving 3 wide at 50 mph when diesel prices went too high? i thought i heard that before.

Yep. back in the good old days. Convoys are illegal now. Helicopters now come out of nowhere and bring the rain of death on any congregation of more than 3 trucks on the highway.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I don't see it being out of the question...suprised it hasn't already happened actually. Talk about shutting down the country...if you get a product from anywhere...it got there on a truck. Without trucks, we don't have anything. Gas, food, clothes, etc etc etc

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
If they do have a wittle strike some illegal alien will just replace that person driving some old piece of junk trunk with bald tires, bad brakes and untaxed fuel in the tank.

I heard illegals work for about 2 cents an hour. :rollseyes

I don't see it being out of the question...suprised it hasn't already happened actually. Talk about shutting down the country...if you get a product from anywhere...it got there on a truck. Without trucks, we don't have anything. Gas, food, clothes, etc etc etc

true. i just hope we never get bombed, because we have no manufacturing capability here for clothes and products we need to survive, they're all made overseas, and imported from China, Taiwan, and places like that.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I drove I-4 in Florida yesterday and I almost puked when I saw a truck stop advertising diesel fuel at $4.09/gal. This is such BS. Until this "crisis" started diesel was always cheaper than unleaded gasoline. This fuel situation is now putting pressure on large chains like Papa Johns as well as car dealers and any company that uses trucks for delivery of their products.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
I too had the same reaction when I saw diesel in California for sale at 4.25 a gallon. Of course 87 was at 3.64, but it was still sickening. My grandfather drove trucks all his life and he would be sick if he were around to see this.

ziggyspeez

YSSUP MOW!
Established Member
What is the deal with the convoys? Seems like they would save a good bit of fuel as long as they did not get more than 3 long and stayed in the right lane.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
and any company that uses trucks for delivery of their products.

Adam, big-rig trucks are Americas supply line. No sizable business survives without out them. that is from clothing stores, to foods (especially cold or frozen goods), fuel delivery, medical supplies, and on and on. A full blown supported strike by these guys would be felt hard and fast by all.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Can someone please tell me why diesel is up to $0.90/gallon more than 87? I always though that diesel was very cheap to refine. Keep in mind that diesel has been more expensive than gas for years so it can't just be the change to ULSD causing it.

gtmustang88

Established Member
Diesel fuels now require less sulfur content in which now they go through more refining processes/fuel additives which increases the price.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Reread my post. Diesel had been more expensive than gas for years before the ULSD requirements came into effect. That in and of itself can not be the sole reason.

mustangkid05

Established Member
i was thinking of getting a little diesel vw a while ago when prices were down, but never mind lol

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I hope it happens, It has been talked about for the past few years but has never happened.

It is getting closer now though.
I will shut them down in a heartbeat, just waiting on the word.

And FWIW, the oil companies use the excuse that Diesel cost more to refine when they started Low sulfur several yaers ago and not the ULSD cost even more. When people I know in refineries tell me that is BS.

They are screwing us because they know they can.

David Hester

Established Member
Diesel fuels now require less sulfur content in which now they go through more refining processes/fuel additives which increases the price
Maybe.
Remember WAAAAAY back, oil was refined for the diesel, heating oil and kerosene and gasoline was the cheap by product. It is still cold up north and heating oil/kerosene/diesel/jet fuel, all the heavy oils are high. Spring gets here and it should come down.... maybe.
Remember Europe is using a lot more diesel now, too.

Users who are viewing this thread