Trucker Strike?

shhak

Established Member
Problem is that they are not passing it to the trucks.

Ever since this started we have not seen a rate increase.

I didn't read thru this entire thread, but has anyone mentioned the fuel surcharge that most trucking companies get? I hauled steel for a while out of the St Louis area up to Chicago. I worked for a small fleet owner. He was paid the same amount per 1,000 lbs but as fuel went up he would get a fuel surcharge. He showed me on paper one time where even at $3.29 a gallon (back over a year ago) fuel was actually costing him a little less per mile than it was when fuel was 0.89 a gallon.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I didn't read thru this entire thread, but has anyone mentioned the fuel surcharge that most trucking companies get? I hauled steel for a while out of the St Louis area up to Chicago. I worked for a small fleet owner. He was paid the same amount per 1,000 lbs but as fuel went up he would get a fuel surcharge. He showed me on paper one time where even at $3.29 a gallon (back over a year ago) fuel was actually costing him a little less per mile than it was when fuel was 0.89 a gallon.

Yea, we talked about it. It ain't that much.
Most are 7-10% of the gross of the load.
So a 1K gross pay load= a extra $70-100 bucks.

If he was making that much on fuel surcharge please let me know where to send my trucks.

shhak

Established Member
Yea, we talked about it. It ain't that much.
Most are 7-10% of the gross of the load.
So a 1K gross pay load= a extra $70-100 bucks.

If he was making that much on fuel surcharge please let me know where to send my trucks.

Some of our loads, we were getting a 22-23% fsc. I'm pretty well clueless as far as being an O/O, but I know that is what the paysheets were showing. He was contracted to CRST Malone.

Users who are viewing this thread