True Blue Night Pics!

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
I grabbed a tripod this afternoon so I set out to take some night pics. It was my first time, but I did alright. I'm open to any photography pointers! Thanks.

HPIM1374.jpg

HPIM1376.jpg

HPIM1377.jpg

HPIM1381.jpg

HPIM1383.jpg

HPIM1399.jpg

HPIM1403.jpg

HPIM1409.jpg

HPIM1411.jpg

HPIM1412.jpg

HPIM1423.jpg

HPIM1418.jpg

:beer:

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
Why did they never put that color on a Mach or Cobra? Only on GT's, reg stangs and Lightnings. Love the True Blue color--had it on my old L. Wish I could have gotten it on my Cobra. Very nice pics. Nice car.

mrose75

Established Member
Love True Blue. Was gonna get a True Blue GT until I saw DSG. Then Ended up getting a DSG Cobra. :shrug: I'm happy.:rolling:

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Thanks a lot guys!

Anyone have experience with taking pics with the foglights on? Everytime I had them on they were too bright and focked up the pics.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
TNTLightning said:
Why did they never put that color on a Mach or Cobra? Only on GT's, reg stangs and Lightnings. Love the True Blue color--had it on my old L. Wish I could have gotten it on my Cobra. Very nice pics. Nice car.
The 99 or 01 cobras had true blue. Around here I don't see it much, the ones I do see are v6's. I do love it when it's polished up nice.

DC97Cobra

Established Member
The shots look decent but the camera is limiting what you can do. I ran into the same problem when I had a Kodak point and shoot. When I switched up to a Canon Rebel XT, That problem pretty much went away since I could now adjust the camera more till I could get a decent photo.

Something else that might help.. The bulbs that are used in the street lights throws the photos coloring off when taking pics. Try different parking lots that have different lighting than where you are at. Don't put them under the street lamp as well since the paint does a really good job reflecting the light. When I was using my point and shoot, I would try to take night photos where Flourescent bulbs were used.

This pic below was taken with a point and shoot. The coloring came out well due to the lighting being more flourescent than the typical sodium vapor bulbs used in street lights. If you notice, there is a lot of noise though as I was unable to control ISO settings as well.

1986transamji3.jpg

In this pic, I used a Canon Digital Rebel XT with a tripod. There is little to no noise in this photo and was able to adjust the cam for the lighting. I do believe that they used halogen bulbs instead of the sodium vapor bulbs as well which helped a lot in the color tone. I did not really have to do any editing to this picture other than add my name and a little bit of adjustment.

machandcobrakr2.jpg

I hope this helps you some. Pick up some photography books as well. I'm still learning and probably not the best to give info. I try to help with what little I do know. Maybe some more serious photographers will chime in and put in their 2 cents to help you more with night photography.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Tru Blue is a favorite color. You've got a nice GT there. What kind of camera are you using? I always have trouble with night shots. LOL! Daytime are no problem. I need lots of practice. :)

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
CobraBob said:
Tru Blue is a favorite color. You've got a nice GT there. What kind of camera are you using? I always have trouble with night shots. LOL! Daytime are no problem. I need lots of practice. :)
Thank you. Yea it does take some patience/practice. We have a HP R727 6.2 mp...nothing too special. Got it on sale at Best Buy last year.

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
To get rid of some of that noise you're getting, see if you can manually adjust your ISO. If you can adjust your ISO, set it low at 64 or 100 or 200, it's going to force the shutter to stay opened longer, but when the camera is on a tripod it doesn't matter. Also, if your camera has a noise reduction feature, try turning that on.

Also, even though you had the camera on the tripod, there is a tiny bit of blur in the first few pictures from when you pushed the shutter and then took your finger off the camera. To get rid of that, just use the self timer :)

Users who are viewing this thread