True Forged center caps

Beavis281

Established Member
What's the trick to get the center caps installed?

Finally got tires mounted, and I can't for the life of me get them pushed back in.

I am using grease.

Pics for ya....

0a029301afe86df324e902b33b13be6b.jpg

3f5fb659dd37c79afb2eecd9e8626a45.jpg

MG0h3

Established Member
Have you tried swapping side to side? Maybe there is a little machining difference there.

Cabbage

Established Member
I used my old throw out bearing sleeve and micro fiber towel and a rubber mallet. Took quite a bit to get them in but they never move once you get em seated properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beavis281

Established Member
Good info. Thanks guys. Looks like I need to pic up a rubber mallet today and then give it hell.

I understand you don't want your high dollar center caps to come out, but damn. Just seems like a lot of money invested, just to beat the hell out of em.

Beavis281

Established Member
Update.

Finally got them all beat in. What a total bitch. Miss hit on one of the front wheels and embedded some micro fiber into the clear. Not at all happy about this. Oh well. Nothing I can do at this point but have a detailer try and get out the scratches.

I fought like crazy on one of them. I finally took the center cap and lightly trimmed down the O-ring.

Trimming it down 1/4" around cap, skipping 3/4-1", trimming. You get the picture. All the way around.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
were you trying to put them on the wheels while on the car? thats usually pretty tough. if they go in easily, then they may come out (fall out) easily. you typically need to have the wheel on the ground, face up, and pop them in. rubber mallet or dead blow hammer typically does the trick.

when the centers are powder coated, it is sometimes a little too thick in the cap area. if it wasnt, the powder coating could easily come off. its a pain i deal with all the time. we often shave the caps on a lathe if theyre not going in easily. but if youre trying to put them on while the wheels are on the car, that makes it 10x harder.

They are side specific. Use a microfiber towel and a mallet carefully.

they are not side specific unless you get custom engraved caps with a cobra on them.

Users who are viewing this thread