True Forged Teaser pics... finally on the 10th!

bubbrubb

I don't take the car out when its wet or overcast, so I apologize for the driveway pics... hopefully I'll get a nice little photoshoot in on friday though, so sit tight :beer:

I'm also looking to get some longer lug nuts for the front, and I'm thinking about having Steve make me a matching black center cap with either the cobra emblem or "SVT" etched in it, what do you guys think?

blah, blah, blah... here are the pics! If you're not familiar with my set up, they're True Forged Mach 5's and are 18x9 up front with 18x10.5 in the rear. I opted for the flush rear offset and the big brake kit offset for the front ;-). The finish is satin black, and I didn't opt for the chrome lips, these are the standard finish and standard center cap.

IMG_9279.jpg

2. (rear)
IMG_9280.jpg

3. (front)
IMG_9281.jpg

IMG_9283.jpg

IMG_9285.jpg

IMG_9286.jpg

IMG_9288.jpg

IMG_9289.jpg

IMG_9290.jpg

If you have any questions... just ask!!

wlg101190

Established Member
Great looking car, one of the cleanest on the site! :rockon: Also, how do those 555RII's compare to the regular 555R's? Thanks!

bubbrubb

Great looking car, one of the cleanest on the site! :rockon: Also, how do those 555RII's compare to the regular 555R's? Thanks!
Thank you very much! I try!
My only experience with the 555R's were when they had absolutely no tread at all on them, but I can't imagine there to be a loss in straight line traction aside from the initial launch - as the sidewall doesn't have nearly as much give. The RII's feel SO much more stable in the turns than the R's did, the car seems to love em. The ride isn't harsh IMO. I'd buy them again in a heart beat. $315 each from discount tire.

SICK! Get the matching caps with SVT etched :beer:
Thanks Chris! You get some serious credit for inspiring me to buy :beer:
I haven't been online much, how is your engine? lol did my prayers work?

bubbrubb

Looks awesome. Well worth it wouldn't you say.
Yours will too! I can't wait to see the V once they're on! I had a bit of buyers remorse when they were off the car, but I love them now that they're on and I've recovered from the payment lol. Thanks brother!

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Thanks Chris! You get some serious credit for inspiring me to buy :beer: I haven't been online much, how is your engine? lol did my prayers work?

:beer: As of last week it hadn't been torn apart yet. I hope to find out something by the end of the week. :shrug: I'll let you know if they worked :rolling:

PROCHRGD01

Established Member
Thank you very much! I try!
My only experience with the 555R's were when they had absolutely no tread at all on them, but I can't imagine there to be a loss in straight line traction aside from the initial launch - as the sidewall doesn't have nearly as much give. The RII's feel SO much more stable in the turns than the R's did, the car seems to love em. The ride isn't harsh IMO. I'd buy them again in a heart beat. $315 each from discount tire.

Thanks Chris! You get some serious credit for inspiring me to buy :beer:
I haven't been online much, how is your engine? lol did my prayers work?

Looks good. I have TF Speed 5's on the way for my black 01 Cobra. Was also wanting to go with the 555RII's but they don't make a 275/35x18 for the front. Don't really want to go with the regular 555 up front. They do make a 285/35x18 555RII's. Anyone know if they will work on 18x9 rim? I heard the Nittos run a little narrower than most. If not, might go with the Toyo RA1's.

bubbrubb

dear god that car is clean.

+1 to the SVT center caps.
Thank you! Thats what I'm leaning towards as well

Looks good. I have TF Speed 5's on the way for my black 01 Cobra. Was also wanting to go with the 555RII's but they don't make a 275/35x18 for the front. Don't really want to go with the regular 555 up front. They do make a 285/35x18 555RII's. Anyone know if they will work on 18x9 rim? I heard the Nittos run a little narrower than most. If not, might go with the Toyo RA1's.
Yeah, the nittos run a little narrower than something like a wide BFG. RA1's are going to be overkill for anything on the street. What are you looking for out of your set up?

Those wheels look great. The 10th aniv cars are so nice
Thank you!

Let me ask steve if I can post it up and I'll get back to you. You can get a 2 piece wheel for a bit less than the 3 piece as long as you don't want wider than 10.0 inches
sooo badass dude. nice
Thank you!
the wheels are awesome, but not a fan of all the rivets. i think it would look a lot more clean without them
To each his own. It would be a pretty boring wheel without them. it looks a little better in person because you can see the detail better, but I wouldn't mind if the rivets were shorter so they didn't stick out as far :beer:
Sick I say!!! cONGRATS!!
Thank you! I've been dying to put these on for quite some time!

Users who are viewing this thread