True Grit

M3xpress

Established Member
Who has seen the new one?

I went last night with some friends who were hyped to see it. I've never really been into Westerns, but I liked this movie.

After talking with some people who have seen the original, they seemed to like the new one, but apparently one has a better ending than the other.

Seems like a good month for Jeff Bridges.

Last edited:

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
id like to see it. I never saw the original but never really got into john wayne movies but i might enjoy this one with him. I was always a clint eastwood fan

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I saw it with my brother who is a HUGE John Wayne fan and we both enjoyed it

Mayo5

Established Member
Definitely beats the original, but I don't think that was very hard to do.

With saying that, I will say that I did not think it was as good as I was expecting it to be. To me, it did not feel like a Coen brothers film and I think this was a large downfall.

Matt Damon was a complete miscast, and was terrible. The two best actors in the film had little face time. Barry Pepper was amazing, and I wish they would have spent more time telling the actual story of the villains. It would have made the actual plotline more appealing to viewers. IMO. Josh Brolin was great as well. The girl who played Mattie Ross did a good job as well, and so did Jeff Bridges for the most part.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
John Wayne was the man!

Yes indeed. And he was awesome in the original True Grit. From the previews, though, it appears that Bridges does a pretty good job with the Wayne's character. I will definitely see this movie. And I'll bet overall I'll like this version better than the original. We'll see. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread