TRUE STREET CAR COBRA goes 205.3 mph at Texas mile

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
just a little update. since the cobra went 200+ mph i have retired her and since sold the car. i have a new venture to do 200+mph in a truck. A turbo L to be exact. truck made 965 to the tire and is running the 1/4 mile at 9.9 at 141. i will be adding a larger turbo going from a pt76 to a pt88. hopefully pick up about 200hp. and go for the 200 mph mark in a pick up truck. if done i will have the most mph in one mile for a truck.

fast freddy do you plan on coming down for October race????

i bought a gen two 3.3L whipple supercharger yesterday for my GT :coolman:

the Mojave Mile in California is gonna have a GT only race for 30 GT's this April. we will race a distance of 1.4 miles and have a 4000 foot braking/shutdown zone. as a result of the HIGH elevation at this runway i would expect that i would run somewhere between 200-210 mph depending upon the winds......

i am getting the supercharger, etc installed in January. with 19 psi it should be making ~ 750 rwhp :beer:

how fast did your Lightning go?

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
His L went 192

[youtube_browser]aB77-VUNt_g[/youtube_browser]

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
Jefe - i got my camaro loaded onto my trailer and i will be at our local dragstrip tonyte for some test-n-tune. if you make it out there look for a lifted Red F-250 superduty in the pits with a Red tilt bed open trailer. my camaro is Red too.....

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Im flying to San Diego at 7:15. Ill take a pic as I fly over the track haha. I gotta see that Whipple GT once its done!

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
i can't imagine how shitty the car feels at 200+.....they feel like garbage at 160.

The rear gets very light but controllable. An 200R wing would help considerably. Without one is a test of how big your balls are.
I hit 178 before my shaking right foot backed-off on the gas. Too twitchy

MGC

Established Member
The rear gets very light but controllable. An 200R wing would help considerably. Without one is a test of how big your balls are.
I hit 178 before my shaking right foot backed-off on the gas. Too twitchy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but adding a wing would increase stability but decrease top speed.

Blaine@PSI

Established Member
Correct downforce is great but henders top speed now a sheet metal wing going out past the car for about 18" would have been ideal. I have learned that it takes major mega bucks to build a car strictly for mile competition so I will not be competing this year.

Anyone doing this be ready for many letdowns and weather plays a huge role on top speed.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Since this thread has been revived, I just read it and congrats on all the accomplishments.. I'm curious on the exhaust, were you running the magnapacks or the regular mufflers?? Our exhaust is pretty much the same and I'm wondering if that is what I can expect with the regular setup, or if this was the magnapack mufflers.. Thanks buddy. :beer:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
it is actually the regular magnaflow c/b with mufflers but they were blown out. on a decibel meter at 150ft it is 183db at WOT.

Awesome thank you so much for that info.. This is the exact setup I'm going with just with a SRA.. Should sound very simliar.. Although you said they were blown out which is ok with me.. That was a bit on the loud side for me.. Was it a little more tame (sound wise) before they were blown out?

Blaine@PSI

Established Member
Awesome thank you so much for that info.. This is the exact setup I'm going with just with a SRA.. Should sound very simliar.. Although you said they were blown out which is ok with me.. That was a bit on the loud side for me.. Was it a little more tame (sound wise) before they were blown out?

was a bit quiter when I put a new Maggy on but still loud.

Users who are viewing this thread