Try that in a small town.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
was flipping channels the other day and caught some idiots talking about this, the small blurb I heard was "he says there's nothing about race in the song but here it is" and they played part of it that said something like "good old boys, raised up right" - "thats it, right there, that's the race part".

apparently only white people can be good old boys and raised up right :rolleyes:

OX1

Established Member
was flipping channels the other day and caught some idiots talking about this, the small blurb I heard was "he says there's nothing about race in the song but here it is" and they played part of it that said something like "good old boys, raised up right" - "thats it, right there, that's the race part".

apparently only white people can be good old boys and raised up right :rolleyes:

Are "they" admitting, they can't be "raised up right"??

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
the one black guy i saw mad about it said someone was lynched at this location

so we probably need to also remove trees from all upcoming CMT videos

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
You gotta give these outraged lefties some credit; they've got wildly creative imaginations. Linking an alleged event from over 100 years ago to a modern music video clip to support your desire to scream racism takes some mental gymnastics. I wonder how many other photos and videos of the same spot are out there. Should probably cancel those too.

"Good ole boys..." lol There's probably 906 other songs that use the same phrase.
"Raised up right..." aka morals, manners, respect...etc. Not vigilantes on a warpath, rebels without a real cause.

Spritle

Anti-EV
Established Member
You gotta give these outraged lefties some credit; they've got wildly creative imaginations. Linking an alleged event from over 100 years ago to a modern music video clip to support your desire to scream racism takes some mental gymnastics. I wonder how many other photos and videos of the same spot are out there. Should probably cancel those too.

"Good ole boys..." lol There's probably 906 other songs that use the same phrase.
"Raised up right..." aka morals, manners, respect...etc. Not vigilantes on a warpath, rebels without a real cause.
It's hard to argue facts and logic with people that feel they hold a moral superiority in their ignorance.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
3e20ccd52299918686702cfa673b4265.webp

Users who are viewing this thread