• Option 2

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Option 3

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black306

Established Member
If you are looking at an 04 Expedition, get an 05/06. Same body style but with the 3V 5.4 (more power). I picked up an 05 EB (Eddie Bauer) with leather, nav, heated/cooled seats, etc and 70k miles for under $16k last year. Ford certified used. I'm sure they have come down since then. Pulled my Cobra with the family over the socal grapevine no problem.

ff500

Established Member
What about a cadillac escalade? You could get an awd in the price range of the trucks you're looking at.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I test drove the blue diesel excursion for a good two hours yesterday. Couple things about it concerned me:
It walks all over the road, almost the "float" feeling you get with slicks going down the track
Tires are mismatched

New tires + alignment and probably shocks/struts if necessary would be the fix here.

I just replaced my fronts with some slightly used tires for cheap and an alignment, i forgot how much the little things do to ride quality like those.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
if you get an excursion, you gotta go diesel. just makes it that much more of a beast, imo. they're based on the SD platform, right? no way i'd get a heavy duty truck with a gas motor, so i'd have to say the same about its suv counterpart.

Users who are viewing this thread