Trying to enlist in Air Force- NO ONE will get back with me!

spray'n mach 1

Established Member
go air force and never look back, I have love for all my other uniformed brothers but once you get deployed you will be glad you are a.f...

svtcobrar2004

Established Member
I just recently got discharged from the AF (enlistment time was up). From what everybody is saying in here... budget crisis. They're also kicking people out who have the slightest offense.

If you're trying to get in the AF quick.. go into a open career.. open mechanical. It won't be guaranteed that the job you want will be open. Good for you that you want to work on vehicles and not jets.. you'll hate life

Poppacapp

Established Member
I was going to join way back when I was 18, but I figured they would have me scraping birdcrap off runways with a putty knife. :(

rachelanne4579

Established Member
I just recently got discharged from the AF (enlistment time was up). From what everybody is saying in here... budget crisis. They're also kicking people out who have the slightest offense.

If you're trying to get in the AF quick.. go into a open career.. open mechanical. It won't be guaranteed that the job you want will be open. Good for you that you want to work on vehicles and not jets.. you'll hate life

Yeahh been hearing a lot of that. The recruiter basically said there is a wait list a good 10 miles long so not to be in any hurry or picky. He did say, though, that mechanical is exactly what they need, so I am better off, like you said.

Dragu1a

Established Member
Be sure to tell them you would NOT obey an order to fire on US citizens if ordered to. :)

i don't think the air force would be the branch to worry about.

Haha yeahhh air force is probably the only one I would be really serious about doing. Definitely not army, and mayyyybe navy but I don't know anything about them.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

ahem. can't help but notice you left Marines off that post. are we not good enough for you?

now that i think about it, don't go Marines. nobody likes a wookie...go to the air force. lots of hot chicks in the air force. lucky bastards.

rachelanne4579

Established Member
With a name like "Rachel Anne"? I don't believe it for a Planck time. :p
(i r teh dumb)

Hahaha s'all good. I forgive you...... this time o_O lol

i don't think the air force would be the branch to worry about.

ahem. can't help but notice you left Marines off that post. are we not good enough for you?

now that i think about it, don't go Marines. nobody likes a wookie...go to the air force. lots of hot chicks in the air force. lucky bastards.

Hahaha honestly marines is a little too much for me. Not gonna lie. My uncle actually just retired from the marines. I think I'm a better fit for af :p but I'll go ahead and take your compliment *insert sexy hair flip here* :p hehe

Sapperstang

Established Member
I had similar issues but it was a different situation. About five years ago I was trying to join the AF reserves as a loadmaster at Pope. I am prior service Army and the AF's process was just ridiculous. The issue was with the medical side. There was obviously a disconnect between the medical side and everything else. Over a year went by and we were still trying to get stuff straight when I finally told them to just forget it. It wasn't a medical issue I had or anything either, it was a paperwork issue.

rachelanne4579

Established Member
I had similar issues but it was a different situation. About five years ago I was trying to join the AF reserves as a loadmaster at Pope. I am prior service Army and the AF's process was just ridiculous. The issue was with the medical side. There was obviously a disconnect between the medical side and everything else. Over a year went by and we were still trying to get stuff straight when I finally told them to just forget it. It wasn't a medical issue I had or anything either, it was a paperwork issue.

Yeahhh. Air force is weird, I guess, with all their tests and everything. Do other branches require the ASVAB?

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
ASVAB is mil wide.

I waited about 14 months from the time I swore in until I shipped to basic. I had to cancel my first contract and "re-enlist" because I had waited over a year.

Goodluck, hopefully you get in and get a job that doesn't make you hate life.

MrSteve

Established Member
Yeahh been hearing a lot of that. The recruiter basically said there is a wait list a good 10 miles long so not to be in any hurry or picky. He did say, though, that mechanical is exactly what they need, so I am better off, like you said.

We don't need have a great need for mechanical ability. If you want into the USAF, check out the "Chronic Critical List" AKA the only ****ing jobs that are open and aren't on the budget chopping blocks right now. Here is the most recent one:

1A0X1-In-flight Refueling
1A1X1-Flight Engineer
1A2X1-Aircraft Loadmaster
1A3X1-Airborne Mission Systems
1A4X1-Airborne Operations
1A6X1-Flight Attendant
1A7X1-Aerial Gunner
1A8X1-Airborne Cryptologic Language Analyst
1A8X2-Airborne ISR Operator
1B4X1-Cyberspace Defense Operations
1C2X1-Combat Control
1C3X1-Command Post
1C4X1-Tactical Air Control Party
1N1X1 A/B-Geospatial Intelligence
1N3X1-Cryptologic Language Analyst
1T0X1-Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape
1T2X1-Pararescue
1U0X1-Remotely Piloted Aircraft Sensor Operator
1W0X2-Special Operations Weather
2A7X5-Low Observable Aircraft Structural Maintenance
2M0X1-Missile and Space Systems Elect Maintenance
2W2X1-Nuclear Weapons
3E8X1-Explosive Ordinance Disposal
3S3X1-Manpower
6C0X1-Contracting

Honestly, I would tell you to start taking some classes while you wait around. It's going to be awhile if you hold out to do general vehicle maintenance.

New recruit allocations will open up the new fiscal year, that would be about the only time they have any openings for most other career fields (like general maintenance type stuff).

The ones on that list are always open. Easiest way in to the USAF. As far as your recruiter taking his sweet time for the ASVAB, it's because of what you want to do, if you were trying to get into something that benefits the USAF more, he'd be all over your shit trying to rush you off into the wild blue.

clbailey

Established Member
We don't need have a great need for mechanical ability. If you want into the USAF, check out the "Chronic Critical List" AKA the only ****ing jobs that are open and aren't on the budget chopping blocks right now. Here is the most recent one:

1A0X1-In-flight Refueling
1A1X1-Flight Engineer
1A2X1-Aircraft Loadmaster
1A3X1-Airborne Mission Systems
1A4X1-Airborne Operations
1A6X1-Flight Attendant
1A7X1-Aerial Gunner
1A8X1-Airborne Cryptologic Language Analyst
1A8X2-Airborne ISR Operator
1B4X1-Cyberspace Defense Operations
1C2X1-Combat Control
1C3X1-Command Post
1C4X1-Tactical Air Control Party
1N1X1 A/B-Geospatial Intelligence
1N3X1-Cryptologic Language Analyst
1T0X1-Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape
1T2X1-Pararescue
1U0X1-Remotely Piloted Aircraft Sensor Operator
1W0X2-Special Operations Weather
2A7X5-Low Observable Aircraft Structural Maintenance
2M0X1-Missile and Space Systems Elect Maintenance
2W2X1-Nuclear Weapons
3E8X1-Explosive Ordinance Disposal
3S3X1-Manpower
6C0X1-Contracting

Honestly, I would tell you to start taking some classes while you wait around. It's going to be awhile if you hold out to do general vehicle maintenance.

New recruit allocations will open up the new fiscal year, that would be about the only time they have any openings for most other career fields (like general maintenance type stuff).

The ones on that list are always open. Easiest way in to the USAF. As far as your recruiter taking his sweet time for the ASVAB, it's because of what you want to do, if you were trying to get into something that benefits the USAF more, he'd be all over your shit trying to rush you off into the wild blue.

Stay away from that one, I'm sure it has a nice bonus now days. But not a single person stays in under that AFSC.

Just please trust me. Too much to go into. Dont do it.

rachelanne4579

Established Member
Honestly, I'm not too worried how long I have to wait. I just want to learn mechanics and be in the air force. Two things I've wanted for a very long time. My recruiter said they have the most need for mechanical jobs, so I'm gonna trust him on that. Only problem now, is in the three years since I first took the Mick asvab, my score dropped from mid 80s, to now a 45. Pretty pathetic how much I've forgotten since graduating high school so my recruiter said to study, get him my medical records and then just play the waiting game.

MrSteve

Established Member
Honestly, I'm not too worried how long I have to wait. I just want to learn mechanics and be in the air force. Two things I've wanted for a very long time. My recruiter said they have the most need for mechanical jobs, so I'm gonna trust him on that. Only problem now, is in the three years since I first took the Mick asvab, my score dropped from mid 80s, to now a 45. Pretty pathetic how much I've forgotten since graduating high school so my recruiter said to study, get him my medical records and then just play the waiting game.

Well, good luck. IF you get antsy about waiting around or just have general AF questions, let me know I can tell you anything you want to know.

Jtaugner

Established Member
Stay away from anything Aircraft Maintenance related.

Vehicle Maintenance maybe different than us though, I've only ever met heavy vehicle maintenance folks (due to the vehicles we use).

rachelanne4579

Established Member
Stay away from anything Aircraft Maintenance related.

Vehicle Maintenance maybe different than us though, I've only ever met heavy vehicle maintenance folks (due to the vehicles we use).

Haha so I've heard. What's up with that?

clbailey

Established Member
We tend to eat our own. Everyone for some reason is only about themselves, countless and under appreciated 12+ hour shifts, constantly crapped on by pro supers and back office b*****'s, always being baby sat for some reason countless dumb recalls, ore's and ori's that are for 1970s warfae that if you fail its the end of the world, lcap, lsat and many other made up friggen "inspections" that you'll spend alot of time wasting time for the sake of being "compliant". All so a pilot can stay up to date on his training till he pcs'.

Acc sucks as an aircraft maintainer. Try for Amc if you must be an aircraft mechanic.

Or be pmel those gays only have one shift haha.

Jtaugner

Established Member
Funny you say that because I'm AMC and its just as bad. Always Miss Christmas.

If you HAVE to be in Aircraft MX, I'd say go Sheet metal. They do a ton of fabricating which would be great on the outside. Welding would nice as well.

Users who are viewing this thread