• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

Trying to get to your dying mother at the hosptial? DON'T run into this officer!

Discussion in 'Pics and Videos Buffet' started by NinoAvila, Mar 26, 2009.

1. NinoAvila

NinoAvila Who's awesome....YOU ARE! Established Member

Video here

Here's some background info:
    " DALLAS — Racing to see his dying mother-in-law at a Plano hospital, an NFL player found himself delayed by a Dallas officer as her life ebbed away. It's a story that has sparked outrage across North Texas and generated interest around the country.

With his wife and another woman in the car, Ryan Moats — a running back for the Houston Texans — sped his car toward Baylor Regional Medical Center of Plano in the early morning hours of March 17. But when the Moats arrived at emergency room parking lot, they were stopped by Officer Robert Powell, who drew his service revolver on the concerned family members.

Dashcam video from the Dallas officer's patrol car captured the incident. "

Sad to know that people like this get through training, carry firearms and "uphold the law". They exist in every facet of life though :(

-N

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  2. 1999redcobra

1999redcobra Cobra Established Member

damn that sh*t pisses me off

3. jdm free

jdm free New Member Established Member

bull shit, i wouldnt have even acknowledged the officer

4. Wintermute

Wintermute Banned

Hopefully the shitbag gets fired.

5. Coiled03

Coiled03 Well-Known Member Established Member

*waits for the "he was endangering others" crowd to chime in.*

6. 03 DSG Snake

03 DSG Snake Unknown Cyborg Established Member

Asshole probably would have shot you. :nonono:

7. FordMustangLove

FordMustangLove Lame-o Established Member

plano is not dallas, plano is plano.....

8. Teal Terminator

Teal Terminator Well-Known Member Established Member

I'm sorry but I would have done what the wife did and just gone inside. He could have shot me or followed me inside or whatever but I wouldn't have stood outside and argued with him while my mother (edit: just realized it was his mother-in-law but still...) was dying. Or when the officer started talking about "show me proof you own the vehicle or I'll have it towed" I would have said F*&T it, thrown him the keys and gone inside! That's just ridiculous!!! I mean really, give the man a damn ticket later or something. That just pisses me off!

9. Last

Last New Member Established Member

HAHA do you know how often people LIE to officers, if they would have cooperated they would'nt have had very many problems. People need to take responsibilty for their actions, they WERE speeding, they DID run a red light, the law is the law and the officer did what he needed to do.

10. SVT03Chris

SVT03Chris NASM Personal Trainer Established Member

The officer got depromoted and is working a desk job I heard while the investigation is going on.

11. lilmarc1988

lilmarc1988 Member Established Member

:burn:

12. 03 DSG Snake

03 DSG Snake Unknown Cyborg Established Member

He was stopped at the Parking Lot of the EMERGENCY ROOM. How's that for making up a story? :bash:

13. bigjohnson4.6gt

bigjohnson4.6gt Street Menace Established Member

cause the mother is only dying, nothing major

14. firemanmike

firemanmike FIREMANMIKE Established Member

Come on now, he was speeeding to a god damned hospital. All the cop had to do was go inside and the nurses would've told him what was going on. He could still have issued the tickets but could've been humane about let him go into the hospital without all the drama.:nonono::nonono::nonono:

What would the officer do of he (the offending driver) got out of the car bleeding all over the place, or one of the passengers was in need of immediate medical care, still tell him he needed to see his paper work first???:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

15. HandoZiZle

HandoZiZle WHIPPLE INSIDE Established Member

:bored:. Face it, the officer failed to use common sense...

16. NinoAvila

NinoAvila Who's awesome....YOU ARE! Established Member

Doing what he needed to do?

The officer says:
    "I can screw you over, I would rather not do that. You obviously will dictate everything that happens; and right now, your attitude sucks."

Professionalism at it's best. Good to know that he was just doing what he needed to do - let the driver know that his attitude sucked.

A Plano officer tried to have the officer let the driver go saying: "Hey, that's the nurse, she says the mom is dying right now, and she wants to know if I can get him up there."

The hospital sent out (on two separate occasions) nurses to have the officer release the driver. One of them even said (in video): "We're blue-coding her for the third time"
    I guess he decided that issuing a ticket to the guy was more important than a person getting to spend the last moments of life with someone.

-N

17. fiveohpoepoe

fiveohpoepoe Active Member Established Member

I can see stopping the car,whether on the street/hwy or parking lot.Of course its easy to say what I would do,but I wasnt there.The vid doesnt lie.Being the case is what it was,ME personally, I would have told them to go on in.A simple ticket isnt worth all the crap that is stirred up now.But hat wasnt known at the time.IMO as an LEO,the officer used very poor judgement and had the IM A COP syndrome.
    Yes,people do lie,but they are not in the hospital parking lot obviously in somewhat of a mild panic.There have been times when I stopped someone for similar violations and they say they are going to the hospital.I get their license,follow them to the hospital and into triage.If its legit,I give their license back.They usually know what they did wasnt the best thing,but people do not think rationally in circumstances like this.

18. 99SnakeBit

99SnakeBit White Lightning ! Established Member

He should have just walked on in the hospital..........the cop screwed with the wrong person this time...........hes dealing with a citizen in a public view job ( NFL Player ) and whats worse a citizen that has MONEY for a top level lawyer. The cop is screwed hahahahahahah. They should call for his badge,.........where is Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton when they are really needed lol lol

and you cop lovers can flame this statement all you want, if that were me in that position and my family member died while I was detained by a cop like this case I WOULD FIND OUT WHO could whipp who's ass in a fight with that cop. One of us would be back at that hospital in ICU either me or the cop.

19. GTSpartan

GTSpartan Yield right!!!! Established Member

You have got to be related to that officer.

He was clearly being a dick. The tape doens't lie.

20. 99SnakeBit

99SnakeBit White Lightning ! Established Member

I have the ultimate respect for the law and officers, my father-in-law was a deputy and city cop for over 30 years on the narcotics division's and I know what officers have to deal with. However in this case this is NOT what being a officer is about ......this is a terrible tragedy.