TS/TVS Blower 600+ RWHP Cobras with 3.27 gears

vr4

Established Member
3.27s will make it easier to hook! 4.10s will need all you described. The lower the gear number the less TQ you'll be putting out on the hit which means better traction. You'll also stay in each gear longer which means less shifting too.

Matter of fact, if you don't have enough power your car will bog with the lower gears unless you give it more gas on take off. All these are details that were relayed to me by folks with experience. I've never switched my stock gears out.

not exactly.

with my mk8 and stock 3.27s it could light them up pretty easily from a dead punch. with the 3.55s and no other changes more often than not itll hook and go.

i was talking to a friend/20+ year bracket racer with his mustang about it and always thought the additional tq multiplication of the 4.10s would mean more spin. him speaking from personal experience says this isnt true.

not a perfect example but look at rock crawlers. with a shorter gear they have an easier time keeping traction and crawling over the rocks instead of spinning the tires.

racebronco2

Established Member
not exactly.
with my mk8 and stock 3.27s it could light them up pretty easily from a dead punch. with the 3.55s and no other changes more often than not itll hook and go.

i was talking to a friend/20+ year bracket racer with his mustang about it and always thought the additional tq multiplication of the 4.10s would mean more spin. him speaking from personal experience says this isnt true.

not a perfect example but look at rock crawlers. with a shorter gear they have an easier time keeping traction and crawling over the rocks instead of spinning the tires.

I have had 4.10's, 3.55's and now 3.27's. At about 500rwhp the car was useless in first and second i had to be careful when going wot. with the 4.10, i would call it violent. With the 3.55's it calmed down the wot and the gear noise was greatly reduced. It was much better with the 3.55's. The 3.27's helped with traction so much that i can actually go wot in second gear now. The events i do they work so much better than the 3.55's. At the street drags ( 1000' and no burn-out) my et is about the same but the mph is 3mph faster (115mph compared to 118mph). The roll runs which are from 50mph to about 150mph i no longer need to shift into 5th about 200ft from the finish line. I now go thru the finish at about 157mph and 65000 in 4th. The other cars would start to pull on me when i shifted into fifth gear.

As far as the tq multiplication...... with traction you can use all you can get.

The rock crawlers example is not a valid point since they are don't go wot.

Last edited:

cobra=trouble

Established Member
I thought it was vemous they HAD a video with 327 s it hooked and hauled ass.good video.
I think that is how it is that video is awesome. I must see.video. hauls ass. I would.do it but I got a aluminum. Flywheel.that will make my car jerky on low.rpm take.off.needs.to be steel.even though I think he's got a aftermarket FW alum.look up that.video

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Funny this thread is posted now.

I have 3.73's that were in my cobra when I purchased them. On a sticky tire at the track they seem to be ideal for me on the blower with a top speed in 4th of 135 ish. This is great, in first with my nitto's on the street they violently spin but I can still manage to race.

I just ordered 3.31's and will be pleased with the longer gear. On nitrous my car will be in the 140's and I don't want to go past 6200 as my stock pumps aren't exactly peachy. So instead of swapping to 28's and spending the same money and will only have one rim and tire combo I can swap to 3.31's and keep my nitto's for the street and et streets for the track and solves my 4th gear issue as it will be 152-153 ish area which is perfect. I also will be able to fix my diff as the clutches were slipping it appeared. TS cobra's don't need gear to get them going like a centri car does, dinner table torque curves FTW.

LTHL VNM has 3.27's in his cobra that made 700's on blower and 800's on spray and loved it.

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
3.27s here and love them at 744whp.. 40 is perfect for 1st rolls, 60s perfect for a second gear pull. My 4th goes to about 154ish and pulls like a freight train on top end. I get around 229miles out a full tank with e85 on the highway. I don't track my car so 3.27s suit my highway junkie needs

TRBO VNM

Dropping mine off at the shop today to swap

Sweet man

Dropping mine off at the shop today to swap to the 3.31's... Stoked!

Hell yeah

Dropping mine off at the shop today to swap to the 3.31's... Stoked!

Awesome

Rodney, I had 3.31's in my car with the ported eaton running 10.80's. Went through traps in 3rd gear. It would have been perfect for us to do them in your car when the pumpkin was out. LOL

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Rodney, I had 3.31's in my car with the ported eaton running 10.80's. Went through traps in 3rd gear. It would have been perfect for us to do them in your car when the pumpkin was out. LOL

I know, I was thinking about that, but wasn't sure yet. I'm mainly gathering the info, so I'll have a plan if I ever decide to go back to a T56. I think the 3.27s would benefit it well for traction, gas mileage and highway rolls:-D. I wouldn't be too concerned about the track if I switched to that trans/gear combo, so I think it would be great for street/highway use.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Yepper! If the weather is good after the holidays we'll get the cars together. I have a few guys that love to drive, so we'll just have to coax Marlon out lol

Come to Florida.
High of 80 and sunny today.
Drove to work with the top down in chilly 70* weather!!

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Rick, Florida was never one of the places I wanted to live, but y'all have some serious cars down there and seems like a good time. I might have to put it in the mix of one of my spots. I've traveled to Ft Walton Beach MANY times for work and stayed there for as long as 3 weeks once. Don't really care for the area though. Right now if I leave here Dallas is #1 and Charlotte is #2. I guess I can add Miami and Orlando to my list lol

Users who are viewing this thread