TSA grounds planes

dogmush

Established Member
The fact that my safety is relegated to these yahoos leaves me speechless at times.

http://www.pointniner.com/2008/08/tsa-inspector-damages-9-planes-at-ohare.html

Tuesday, August 19, 2008
TSA Inspector Damages 9 Planes At O'Hare

Nine American Eagle aircraft were grounded today at Chicago O'Hare after they were damaged by a TSA inspector according to ABC News. TSA spokesperson Elio Montenegro confirmed the incident occurred when an inspector was conducting an overnight security check and decided to see if he could climb on top of parked aircraft in order to gain entry into them. Unfortunately, instead of using a ladder, the TSA inspector decided to use the aircraft's sensitive exterior probes to climb up on top. Specifically the TAT (Total Air Temperature) probe was selected as a foot hold. No word on what type of aircraft were damaged but American Eagle pilots were obviously furious with this act and one was quick to post on an online forum, "The brilliant employees used an instrument located just below the cockpit window that is critical to the operation of the onboard computers." Another commented the TSA agents, "are now doing things to our aircraft that may put our lives, and the lives of our passengers at risk." Forty Eagle flights were delayed today as a result of the inspector's action. Montenegro assured that the "inspector was following routine procedure for securing the aircraft that were on the tarmac."

Interesting tactic by the TSA as I guess a plane that can't fly is the most secure plane.

oldmodman

Established Member
Those stupid, moronic idiots at the TSA just destroyed two camera batteries that a customer had checked.

These are not inexpensive consumer type batteries. These are $800.00 Sony Broadcast camera batteries. They decided that it would be a good thing to break the exterior cases open to look inside. They turned them into instant garbage. Since they don't have Securitorx tools to remove the case screws they just pounded a screwdriver into the side and broke the case apart. What incredible morons! And this is not the first time that I have had the security assholes destroy my equipment. Three months ago it was a lens that had to be sent to Fujinon for service and before that they tried to take apart a Sachtler Vid 30 tripod head. That cost $2,600 to repair. Where do they hire these grammar school dropouts?

Anyone want to place a bet on how long it will Take the TSA to pay for them? If they even will!

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
I don't like TSA. I worked for Northwest Airlines and we had problem after problem with their employees.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Those stupid, moronic idiots at the TSA just destroyed two camera batteries that a customer had checked.

These are not inexpensive consumer type batteries. These are $800.00 Sony Broadcast camera batteries. They decided that it would be a good thing to break the exterior cases open to look inside. They turned them into instant garbage. Since they don't have Securitorx tools to remove the case screws they just pounded a screwdriver into the side and broke the case apart. What incredible morons! And this is not the first time that I have had the security assholes destroy my equipment. Three months ago it was a lens that had to be sent to Fujinon for service and before that they tried to take apart a Sachtler Vid 30 tripod head. That cost $2,600 to repair. Where do they hire these grammar school dropouts?

Anyone want to place a bet on how long it will Take the TSA to pay for them? If they even will!

I dislike most TSA monkeys. TSA stands for Thousands Standing Around. I actually had the opportunity to investigate a group of them and we ended up arresting three of them.

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Worsedog

Resident A**hole
Established Member
Ahhhhhhhh, government service, the last bastion of the incompetent!

My apologies to those that are dedicated and do a good job.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
I've read that the TSA hires mostly ex-cons and the TSA in Chicago has got to be the WORST I've ever seen.

They are so disorganized and you can't understand a word they are saying since they all speak "ghetto". I've known people who have had things stolen by them too.

When going through the "security" checks at Chicago O'hare, keep your eyes on your stuff at all times. If you don't, it will disappear.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member

Pretty simple case if you ask me. YOu keep raising hell right up the ladder until you get someone to listen and pay. DO NOT deal with the low level people on this one. Demand to speak to a supervisor.

Users who are viewing this thread