Tubular K Member and Tubular Control Arm COMPATABILITY ?

MikesCobra

Established Member
Hey guys,
So last night I went to the track and ran a 12.2 3 times, and a few times the last outing. I have future mods in mind but I wanted to start a thread on weight savings.

I am aware of the Tubular K members which save 65-70 pounds and today came across tubular control arms for the cobra, would the two be compatabile for the car? The arms shave 16 pouinds off the car for a combined weight of almost 90 pouinds.

Anyone on here run both? Whick K member and or control arms do you recommend?

Does anyone know of a light weight racing battery that can handle daily driving duty as well?

I wanna put my cobra on a diet.

selbyvince

Established Member
i have had a upr k-member and a-arms, and a team z k-member and a-arms.. I rather my team z setup over the upr, but im not sure the difference in weight between the two.

had UPR coilovers with both setups as well

JrSVT

Established Member
UPR k-member and A-arms with UPR coilovers here but I didn't measure the weight difference nor have I weighed the car as a whole.

Jr.

JAYSVT06

Established Member
I have a upr k memebr and control arms and coil overs, i did a writeup & install thread on here, you can look it up under my name. Mine is quiet, ride is improved stock feel. And prob shed 90lbs off or so id say all togethor.

MikesCobra

Established Member
i have had a upr k-member and a-arms, and a team z k-member and a-arms.. I rather my team z setup over the upr, but im not sure the difference in weight between the two.

had UPR coilovers with both setups as well

what did you find as the difference in the two to make you prefer the team z?

MikesCobra

Established Member
I have a upr k memebr and control arms and coil overs, i did a writeup & install thread on here, you can look it up under my name. Mine is quiet, ride is improved stock feel. And prob shed 90lbs off or so id say all togethor.

:banana::rockon:

MTBSully

Established Member
I have a UPR k member, MM A-arms, MM coil-overs and MM CC plates. Rides much better than stock and is whisper quiet. Plus i probably dropped 80+ pounds off the front end

Users who are viewing this thread