Tune questions

my94pony

addicted
Established Member
Ok so I have an xcal3 I got off craigslist unlocked and I'm putting an o/r hpipe on my car, deleting my sai/egr and possibly going to get some imrc deletes

Can I get an email ordered tune to delete any codes or do I need a dyne tune? I thinking the deletes would force meto get a dyne but hopefully someone here can inform me

Last edited:

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member

Call Dan at realspeed. He will set you up with a start up tune. I had that done for mine when i deleted the imrcs,EGR,airpump ect.This way you can casually drive the car.

I would strongly suggest though that before you really lay into it to have him run a custom tune.To make sure everything is straight.

Last edited:

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
i have a tune in my car from a shop right now..but swapped headers, deleted the EGR and SAI and i was not able to go back into the tune and delete those..so i have check engine light on for those..but i got a meth kit and smaller pulley so going for a retune this saturday and will get that taken care of then..but even when the tuner was unlocked i am 80% sure you can not delete the SAI

harvboi05

Established Member
you can get a stock tune with those systems disabled so it will pass an obd test. however, the best way to make more power is with a dyno tune.

my94pony

addicted
Established Member
i know to make more power i would need the dyno tune but im hoping i can have the car running right with no cel's with a canned tune, bc i dont think i have the mods that warrant getting a dyno tune.. gears catback/h pipe intake pulleys i think id be wasting my $$

Users who are viewing this thread