Tuned EB F-150 vs FBO/Tuned Civic Si and Tuned Focus ST

Bokeo

Established Member
Well, The Tuned EB F-150 was originally supposed to do some pulls with an Intake/Catback Lightning but the Lightning couldnt make it that day so he came out and did some pulls with a Tuned Focus ST and Full Bolt on/tuned + weight reduction Civic Si Sedan. The Si knew he was outgunned but still wanted to see how he would do. Anywho, I'm currently working on the next video which is a Nitrous CTS-V vs a Big Turbo Subaru WRX STI.

Sorry for the intro music, finding copyright songs these days can be hard lol.

[youtube_browser]nRXfv5jjBGw[/youtube_browser]

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had to watch this video since I'm aimed at buying the upcoming Focus RS. Is the ST an auto? Nice, as is the EB F-150.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Dude with the Si should probably just trade his car in on a FiST/FoST or something similar. :lol: What's the point of even having a sedan if you're just gonna gut it from the front seats back?

Anyway, nice video, race, cars and all that jazz. :beer:

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Dude with the Si should probably just trade his car in on a FiST/FoST or something similar. :lol: What's the point of even having a sedan if you're just gonna gut it from the front seats back?

I was just about to say the same thing. His hood doesn't even fit properly either. You can see it raised up, near the windshield.

Bokeo

Established Member
I had to watch this video since I'm aimed at buying the upcoming Focus RS. Is the ST an auto? Nice, as is the EB F-150.
\

Focus RS will be much faster then any of these vehicles, especially when tuned. Also, ST's as well as the RS I think, only come in Manual.

Civic Si just competed in a Road Course event the weekend prior, which is why his seats are still out. He is boosting soon, just wanted to see where his car was at now.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Would love to see the runs again in a new EB and 5.0 F150. They are a completely different animal and I can't even imagine one with a tune.

dtd01svt

Established Member
I have a tuned 15 EB FX4 CC and its faster than my tuned 11 FX4. Both tuned by SSI. I'd love to run a tuned Focus ST because I think it would be a lot closer than that.
It looked like that F150 was running in 2wd. With a 3:31 gear, its not easy to spin the tires and you get a great launch. Now if he was running 4wd, that might explain the beating he got from the ST. The best way to run is to start in 4wd, 2k rpm launch and click it into 2wd at 2nd gear.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
87 or 93 tune on the f150? Truck didn't seem that strong for having a tune. If you do a roll race past 2nd gear it's nowhere near as peppy as it would be in the first two gears as it feels like it's thrown out anchor lol.

Bokeo

Established Member
F-150 is tuned by SSI, not really sure what mode he used when racing.

Troponin

Established Member
I have a tuned 15 EB FX4 CC and its faster than my tuned 11 FX4. Both tuned by SSI. I'd love to run a tuned Focus ST because I think it would be a lot closer than that.
It looked like that F150 was running in 2wd. With a 3:31 gear, its not easy to spin the tires and you get a great launch. Now if he was running 4wd, that might explain the beating he got from the ST. The best way to run is to start in 4wd, 2k rpm launch and click it into 2wd at 2nd gear.

The problem is that is, it doesn't kick out of 4x4 unless you let off of the throttle. My 4A started slipping too.

Ls2BluGoat

200,000 mile club
Established Member
Good stuff. Love watching FoSTs run. Have two buddies with them, both FBO with one getting tuned for e30.

Details on the Beetle? I've heard great things about the new motors in the GTI/Beetle.

It's a great, easy to mod platform. Ditched the old K03 for a slightly bigger GT30 turbo from ATP. Intake, full exhaust, etc. Still on stock internals, haven't dyno'ed it yet but I'm hovering somewhere between 350-380 whp on low boost. Fun car.

Users who are viewing this thread