Tuner Question

Jaceracer

Established Member
Hey guys i'm trying to avoid having to take my truck out to a tuner that is a long ways from me. i recently did an egr delete and i replaced my 18's with 20's, can i buy a hand held tuner and have someone build a custom tune to delete egr tune from the vehicle and calibrate the speedo for 20's? Or do i have to take it to a professional tuner?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
bad timing on the egr delete without knowing someone. EPA cracked down all that and nobody wants anything to do with those kinda tunes on a registered vehicle. You can change wheel side without messing up the speedo if you kept rolling diameter the same.

You MIGHT be able to do it with forscan but not sure on the older vehicles. A tuner can definitely do it, thats easy stuff. with a simple combo no real need for a dyno tune using a reputable lightning tuner

Jaceracer

Established Member
so i guess my next question is if i buy a hand held i guess i can have a custom tune downloaded to it right with the egr turned off? or would it just be better to go to a tuner and have it done? i'm pretty much keeping this truck stock besides a cai and borla cat back rest of the stuff is just modern updates like turkey pan mod getting rid of the crank cage for a stock metco or something else very minimal mods really.

Users who are viewing this thread