Tuning Advice Needed

Jbstang87

Established Member
Hey need some advice.

I have ordered simple bolt ons for my car. Lethal OR H, Airaid CAI, borla S types. I live close by RET. I am also considerining an AED email tune. Both these tuners are highly regarded at SVTP. Given that I could save a little scratch by going an email tune, somebody convince me why a dyno is best for a basic bolt on 5.0. Or should I just get the email tune for my car at this point in its build.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
email tunes for these cars are very spot on with the use of datalogging. Shaun will set you straight with an awesome tune. I see you are in CA, how far are you from AED? You could get a dyno tune from them as well

Jbstang87

Established Member
AED is at least a 6 hr drive from me so unlikely.
Can someone give me a preview of what data logging will be like?
Am I going to be sitting with my Laptop plugged to the SCT, plugged to the OBD port, while pushing the gas?
Just wondering.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
AED is at least a 6 hr drive from me so unlikely.
Can someone give me a preview of what data logging will be like?
Am I going to be sitting with my Laptop plugged to the SCT, plugged to the OBD port, while pushing the gas?
Just wondering.

Pretty much lol. I had a buddy sit passenger and he did all the logging for me. But if you are alone it's still simple to do. Really just have to start recording the log do the required run, then stop the log. Shaun will fill you in and walk you through it if you have any questions.

125oh

Established Member
I've had both a dyno tune and a tune from data logging . I really like the data logging because you can read the logs yourself and see what's going on . Shaun will tell you what things mean so you can understand them a little . My aed tune runs just as strong if not stronger than my dyno tune .

gottoast

Established Member
I started with a Steeda Tune and then went to an AED tune. From what I have read on the boards JPC is doing some very fast things with there shop car as I might be interested in testing one of there tunes out.

As for datalogging its easy I find the hardest thing is to start it and stop it on my laptop while driving. But it is basically just like you said just make sure you have the correct pids configured and you will be all set. Shaun will give you the pids he would like to have datalogged.

Tune Review and list for your 2011 - 2014 Mustang - 2011 2012 2013 2014 Ford Mustang GT

jp2134

Established Member
JPC wants a retarded amount of money for a tune, at least a dyno tune anyway. About $400 MORE than other reputable shops in the area here.

Bama isn't bad, i'm not gonna knock anyone, but the wait had me ready to split. But once they got the tune on, I have no complaints.

Users who are viewing this thread