Tuning in SoCal

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Anybody who has been around the Mustang tuning world for a while knows RET is the best . Greg at RET is the best tuner and has the best customer service. He tuned my 03 cobra and my TVS GT500 and many others without issue.

Worst customer service EVER and ripped me off! He wouldnt stand behind his work at ALL! Wouldnt trust him with a 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 mile pole unless it was to beat him to death with it!

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Worst customer service EVER and ripped me off! He wouldnt stand behind his work at ALL! Wouldnt trust him with a 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 mile pole unless it was to beat him to death with it!

uploadfromtaptalk1401644440157.jpg

Peetiewonder

RoofGone GeorgeJefferson
Established Member

Not the only person I've heard this from. I'll be staying away.

BoostedByV

No Fly By ZONE
Established Member
Went to RET the other day $500 for a tune

Clutch went out first pull

Now I got to bring it back and pay additional $200

Idk idk lol

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
Every person is going to have its preferred tuner, that just the way it is. My car has been tuned by Greg at RET 2 times for 2 different engine set-ups and i couldn't be happier, never had any issues and if it did he would take car of it no problem. He even emails you a tune if needed so you can drive to him or if needed for a engine break in. I have never experienced any of the issues listed above by the other members. To each their own, Greg@ RET will take care of you, he is business owner so it can get overwhelming with costumers at times but he will handle it promptly.

Last edited:

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Every person is going to have its preferred tuner, that just the way it is. My car has been tuned by Greg at RET 2 times for 2 different engine set-ups and i couldn't be happier, never had any issues and if it did he would take car of it no problem. He even emails you a tune if needed so you can drive to him or if needed for a engine break in. I have never experienced any of the issues listed above by the other members. To each their own, Greg@ RET will take care of you, he is business owner so it can get overwhelming with costumers at times but he will handle it promptly.

For me it's gtr all the way. I have been goin there for longer than I remember so now I can consider them friends more than just my mechanics. But customer service is key and every shop messes up every once in a while we are all human. It's how u handle your **** ups that makes u a good business. I have heard too many mess ups that they don't own up to and u can see that from carbon drivens post. So he might be a good tuner but if he messes up then what? I'm ****ed? No no no can't have that

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
Went to RET the other day $500 for a tune

Clutch went out first pull

Now I got to bring it back and pay additional $200

Idk idk lol

I was there when Greg had your car on the rollers. Considering your car was towed their and it seemed to me like they where fixing some mechanical problems before throwing it on the dyno, you car was perfectly fine when you drove off with it besides the slipping clutch at WOT. I think Greg did 3-4 pulls making adjustments but your clutch wouldn't hold up. I think $500 for a tune is reasonable, if you have issues the tuner is not at fault for that.

99MystiC

Established Member
Who ever is complaining about prices, sell your car and find a new hobby. Greg has been tuning nmca racers who have been winning or runners up. One of his customers has gone 7.86 @ 186 in a coyote out in vegas.
These threads always turn in to the same thing.
For just a pullied cobra it really wont matter who tunes u. All u want is a safe tune. Goodluck.

32VALVR

Mach On!
Established Member
Who ever is complaining about prices, sell your car and find a new hobby. Greg has been tuning nmca racers who have been winning or runners up. One of his customers has gone 7.86 @ 186 in a coyote out in vegas.
These threads always turn in to the same thing.
For just a pullied cobra it really wont matter who tunes u. All u want is a safe tune. Goodluck.

Totally agree with Anthony on this. When I was manual Greg performed miracles compared to Kenne Bells tune got me in the 11's and had great customer service emailing adjusted tunes all the time. He knows your pullied Termi as much as anyone else. However once I went auto there were glitches he couldn't figure out. So George, Peetie, don't call me Steve, I highly recommend Eddie@Adictionmotorsports. He got my tune figured the first time and dropped me 3/10's in the 1/4 with just the tune

Carbon Driven

Established Member

True everyone will have their own preferences but when it comes to crappy work and him breaking my brand new forged built engine that he built and then running away from his responsibilities to stand behind his work he is not a business man but a little boy playing with his cars and when he messes up he runs away never answering emails or calls etc. Kicked my Cobra out to the street for it to get towed away. Thats not very smart for a business man, its stupidity as hes getting sued nowby me for the $10,000+ in complete damage he did to my engine.

Go to him for a tune, sure, but when the sheet hits the fan you are kicked out in the street to figure a way to get your car to a safe location.

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
Op go to RET, Greg is a stand up guy and he'll take care of you. Greg has been tuning all my cars for the last 8-9 years and I wouldn't let anyone else tune or work on my car, don't listen to all the bullshit in here take a drive down to RET you won't be disappointed.

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Bryan, its not BS. He busted my new engine and you seen it there too. He wanted me to pay for his damages or else pick it up in the street. Everyone is free to make their own decisions. Reputation is worth more than $ as a good rep will bring you $ in the end ;)

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Oh yea, I have ALL the documentation, emails, and txt's to prove everything I state. Took some time to gather it all up and to find out the extent of the damage he did but it is now on and going to court. Bring it Greg!

01yellercobra

Established Member
Learn to tune yourself. Saves money and no worries about getting to the tuner after each change.

Users who are viewing this thread