Tuning in SoCal

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
Yeah how is that purposely built race car working out for them by the way? Blown up twice and hasn't even made it to the trailer to go to the track yet huh? Lol! Maybe its karma lol!

They have no need to build a crazy shop race car. Besides the personal cars they have a simple 95 cobra open track car that gets the job done pulling in more than customers from track events. No need to do much more than that since their shop is always full.

Yeah they like simple stuff but will do custom/technical stuff when needed. I on the other hand am the one that gets into the more technical and custom fab, my car and work speak for itself.

Look at Greg's old car the twin bullit, ran 5.08's at Irwandale with room for improvement. What does GTR have? Umm....none that i know of or seen. I can post many other cars RET has built that are REAL cars.
Get you story straight bro, motor only failed once do to a spun rod bearing and rod that wouldn't hold the power, which the engine was not built by RET. It made over 1500hp at only 6000rpm, THAT'S REAL POWER!

Here are some pictures to prove it! What do you have to say about that?
imagejpeg_0_3_zpsmjcfxtsg.jpg

imagejpeg_0_2_zpshorvgzj3.jpg

imagejpeg_1_2_zps8zambxdg.jpg

Last edited:

99MystiC

Established Member
Yeah how is that purposely built race car working out for them by the way? Blown up twice and hasn't even made it to the trailer to go to the track yet huh? Lol! Maybe its karma lol!

They have no need to build a crazy shop race car. Besides the personal cars they have a simple 95 cobra open track car that gets the job done pulling in more than customers from track events. No need to do much more than that since their shop is always full.

Yeah they like simple stuff but will do custom/technical stuff when needed. I on the other hand am the one that gets into the more technical and custom fab, my car and work speak for itself.

What the hell are you talking about. His car didnt blow up. He sold it to build a Cayote. Wow that just proves you are full of BS.
And about drawing straws. Look how fast you dismissed my post. He stated that the car was messed up at another shop. How is that not them working on it??? Wow hope you arent his legal aid. Cuz yall are in for a surprise when it comes to suing a small business.
I dont know where you work but ive worked with a lot of attorneys and things are not as easy as I have pics and invoices.
Goodluck to all involved.

99MystiC

Established Member
Another happy customer of RET. I've owned my cobra for about 7 years I went to Greg because I wasn't happy with a local SD shop. Best decision I've could have made car has always run strong and is well known down here in SD for power and reliability. Car makes 600 on pump and 670 on e85.

Hows she running dude? Car has come a long way since them Stangpede days lol.

99MystiC

Established Member
Shes good, running lol. Gona take it to paint shop and try and get the paint matched for the bumper and hood. Havent been to the track in a while. Moved to Chicago which im sure you know. Ill prob take her out in a little bit once i get the paint thing figured out. Previous owner didnt do me any favors painting it the color he did. Well see if the few small changes can break me into the 10s esp out here.

99MystiC

Established Member
Look at Greg's old car the twin bullit, ran 5.08's at Irwandale with room for improvement. What does GTR have? Umm....none that i know of or seen. I can post many other cars RET has built that are REAL cars.
Get you story straight bro, motor only failed once do to a spun rod bearing and rod that wouldn't hold the power, which the engine was not built by RET. It made over 1500hp at only 6000rpm, THAT'S REAL POWER!

I remember that. This wasnt even in a car yet, engine dyno. This is the game we play ppl. High power engine have a tendency to blow up.
Whats funny is he was trying to bash greg on whats up with his race car lol. The car is ready and waiting, hes actually been waiting for bout 2 years for MMR to complete the engine. SO i guess your turn to DRAW STRAWS. lol

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member

I was talking about his coyote, read again:read:

As far as your other question? Cars that turn and can handle on an open track and or auto-x which takes more skill than going straight buddy. Real power? Lol that's cute. Try holding a car sideways at 75 mph on a sweeper up against a guard rail buddy. That takes skill and a lot of practice.

Last edited:

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
What the hell are you talking about. His car didnt blow up. He sold it to build a Cayote. Wow that just proves you are full of BS.
And about drawing straws. Look how fast you dismissed my post. He stated that the car was messed up at another shop. How is that not them working on it??? Wow hope you arent his legal aid. Cuz yall are in for a surprise when it comes to suing a small business.
I dont know where you work but ive worked with a lot of attorneys and things are not as easy as I have pics and invoices.
Goodluck to all involved.

Again I was referring to the coyote. Read again.:read:

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
I remember that. This wasnt even in a car yet, engine dyno. This is the game we play ppl. High power engine have a tendency to blow up.
Whats funny is he was trying to bash greg on whats up with his race car lol. The car is ready and waiting, hes actually been waiting for bout 2 years for MMR to complete the engine. SO i guess your turn to DRAW STRAWS. lol

You guys brought it up not me. Again just because he can build a fast car doesn't mean he is the best. Its how you handle the situations and your f' ups that defines if they are considered the "best" as you put it.

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Again I'm going to leave this here for you all to read since it seemed like most missed it and this is turning into a shit flinging contest that nobody is going to win. OP goodluck wherever you go and hopefully you don't get bent over if you go there. Goodluck.

I believe this was all about customer service. Now all you guys crying about it saying he wouldn't do that and he is better than that need to suck it up and accept it for what it is. You do people over wrong word will get out. Like we were saying before its how well a shop handles a bad situation they caused is what defines them as who they are and what they are about. I'm sorry just because you have a few cool cars that make HP doesn't make you the BEST. You wanna be the best take care of your customers and your own mistakes. Sweeping it under the rug won't get rid of the issue for long. Somebody will uncover it eventually.

99MystiC

Established Member
Wow u r something. Read what i wrote, this was the cayote. I said he was waiting for close to 2 years to get the engine. MMR built it and it never went into a car. It blew up on engine dyno. And since when did this turn into a debate on drag vs autox??? Did anyone say anything bout autox?
Your too damn funny.

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Wow u r something. Read what i wrote, this was the cayote. I said he was waiting for close to 2 years to get the engine. MMR built it and it never went into a car. It blew up on engine dyno. And since when did this turn into a debate on drag vs autox??? Did anyone say anything bout autox?
Your too damn funny.
I did read what you wrote and its obvious that you have a hard time spelling the word "coyote" lol! I normally don't care but when you spell it as "cayote" multiple times sorry gotta bring it up lol!

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Or just leave it stock lol! But seriously I'm happy with my Camry right now, just drove to Palm Springs and back on 9.6 gallons at 75mph :)

Same... Got closer today tho.

Just change the thread title to gtr vs ret.. Low key I knew it would turn to this

I did too but I had to put my 2 cents in lol what year Camry u have?

Last edited:

32VALVR

Mach On!
Established Member
Wow, this has certainly turned into a giant testosterone pissing match. Truth is its a practice just like medicine. some times your tuner gets it right and some times not. while Greg is a great guy, he couldn't figure out my auto Mach. In the end went to a local repair shop thats been here for longer then I can recall and did a lap with his laptop hooked up to find that at the hit my boosted Mach was going to 18:1 on Gregs tune, so lean that there wasn't enough fuel to blow it up, thank God. My question would be why didn't Greg see this while some average but good local repair shop figured it out instantly. I then went to Addiction Motorsports as Greg no longer wanted to mess with it and basically told me to go to Eddie who just did his tune and it worked 1st time, after wasting $750 at RET. Anthony 99Mystic, Iv'e never seen a car pushed off the the track more times then yours with your RET tune.
Go to Addiction George!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread