Tuning Issues

cichlidbob

Established Member
Here is my problem. I purchased a Diablo Predator at WFC 7 in St Louis. I can not use the Predator because my computer has been reflashed with a "custom tune" from Apton performance. Since the dyno tune Brian has left Apton in St louis leaving me with no way to get her re-tuned. My setup has changed and the car is running like shit. Can anyone sudgest an economical way to resolve this situation?

:cryying:

Last edited:

VENOM98

NOVI POWER
Established Member
Go to a dealer and have them reflash your computer with a new stock ford file. If you have the original sct tuner, remove the file that is on your EEC-V and replace it with the stored original one in your unit....... You will be able to proceed with the predator.

Last edited:

cichlidbob

Established Member
Originally posted by VENOM98
Go to a dealer and have them reflash your computer with a new stock ford file.

I'm thinking this is my only option. Thank you for your help :thumbsup:

If you have the original sct tuner, remove the file that is on your EEC-IV and replace it with the stored original one in your unit....... You will be able to proceed with the predator.
:shrug:

03DOHC

Established Member
Go to a dealer and have them reflash your computer with a new stock ford file. If you have the original sct tuner, remove the file that is on your EEC-IV and replace it with the stored original one in your unit....... You will be able to proceed with the predator.
Uh, thanks for the info but these cars have EECV.

cichlidbob

Established Member
Go to a dealer and have them reflash your computer with a new stock ford file.
I went to the local dealership and they can not communicate with the PCM :bash: . Back to the drawing board :cuss:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I have a spare AMZ1 ECU lying around. Make me an offer if you're interested. I got it from Roush when they helped me recover from a computer glitch with the QUD2 (broken connectors). The case has not been opened and no scratches on the connectors. I was going to use it when I began early mods to have in case I blew it up I'd have an unscratched ECU...That's out of the picture now I have 460rwhp and a road course set up, roll bars and batches of other stuff. You'll have to get your ECU programmed to recognize the keys.
If it doesn't work you I'll send you back your money and just return the ECU.

Last edited by a moderator:

cichlidbob

Established Member
Originally posted by DaleM
I have a spare AMZ1 ECU lying around. Make me an offer if you're interested. I got it from Roush when they helped me recover from a computer glitch with the QUD2 (broken connectors). The case has not been opened and no scratches on the connectors. I was going to use it when I began early mods to have in case I blew it up I'd have an unscratched ECU...That's out of the picture now I have 460rwhp and a road course set up, roll bars and batches of other stuff. You'll have to get your ECU programmed to recognize the keys.
If it doesn't work you I'll send you back your money and just return the ECU.
Funny that you posted this as I was just speaking to a friend about purchasing a new processor. I tried emailing Brian@SCT for his help in this matter. If he can not help me we will strike a deal :beer: .

Brian@SCT

Established Member
I'll be back in STL july 4th if you need help. There's no reason the dealer shoulnd't be able to reflash your PCM unless there's a chip in it. You could also send me the PCM in FL and I could wipe it clean.

Users who are viewing this thread