Tuning my 96 Cobra(SCT xCal2)

greenscobie86

Established Member
I've fooled around with the fan settings as well as turning off my rear 02 sensors but havent touched the timing advance of fuel delivery. i'm not really familiar with tuning a 4v(or any other EFI car for that matter) so I figured I'd ask those of you that have some experience.

I was wondering if there are some safe settings to go with to get a little more power out of my mods with some tried and true methods.

Currently I've left almost all tunable parameters alone sans the fan on/off temps and the rear 02 sensors.

What should I do?
Add more timing or fuel at certain RPM ranges or?

Current mods are:

-UPR O/R X
-FlowMaster 2.5" Catback
-K&N Drop in
-Aluminum d/s
-Using only 93 Octane(obviously)
-Fresh Autoilite 764 Plugs
-Fresh Motorcraft Wires

Thanks!

workmangc

Stay away from SHM.
Established Member
You can try advancing the spark, but I would monitor for detonation.
In regards to the fuel, I wouldn't mess with it unless you have the ability to monitor AF ratios. Again, monitoring for detonation or a lean condition.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
OP_ from the sounds of it you have neither the knowledge nor the tools to adjust fuel and timing correctly on your car. no offense but just don't want you to hurt your car.

greenscobie86

Established Member
^
Thanks for the input guys. I asked because I didn't know so no offense taken.

I guess I'll just wait to do the IMRC deletes and then get a mail order or a dyno tune.

Perhaps I'll do some data logging with my SCT for the time being to become more familiar with how the motor performs.

Users who are viewing this thread