Tuning Question

66Mustang

When I bought my 03 it had a custom SCT tune. The cobra needs to be retuned and since I do not have a tuner nor the original factory tune saved anywhere, do I have to take it back to Ford and have flashed back to stock before retuning?

Thanks

MVD

Established Member
When I bought my 03 it had a custom SCT tune. The cobra needs to be retuned and since I do not have a tuner nor the original factory tune saved anywhere, do I have to take it back to Ford and have flashed back to stock before retuning?

Thanks

No, any tune placed on a vehicle completely overwrites the previous tune, so there is no mixing of tunes.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
You just need a new SCT handheld. Would of been nice if the person you bought it from let it go with the car.

66Mustang

You just need a new SCT handheld. Would of been nice if the person you bought it from let it go with the car.

No doubt! Thanks, I'll either look into the programmer or take it to a tuner with dyno. The reason I asked the question is cause a local performance shop told me that I would need the car flashed to stock and they would use their programmer to tune my car. Sounds like a bunch of BS now.....

Users who are viewing this thread