Tuning questions for Built N/A Mach 1

Shelby>Chevy

Hello all,

I am still new to posting on this forum so if this thread needs to be moved i apologize.

I am curious to know what the best tuning option for my car would be. It is currently a fully forged bottom end with stock compression, Comp Cams, fully machined heads with springs and retainers, arp main and head studs, aftermarket intake / throttle body, 255lph fuel pump, 42lb injectors, ford performance timing kit and some other modifications that should be pushing the car to some pretty decent HP levels.

I am wondering what the best route would be as far as tuning goes? Obviously dyno tuning would be the best, but i am wondering if the tuner would need anything done on my end? As in a handheld tuner to be able to actually tune the car, or would they be able to plug into the ECU with their own software and tune the car with what they have on hand?

Would a handheld be worth it in my situation at all?

Thanks in advance for the responses!

PC03GT

Established Member
Hello all,

I am still new to posting on this forum so if this thread needs to be moved i apologize.

I am curious to know what the best tuning option for my car would be. It is currently a fully forged bottom end with stock compression, Comp Cams, fully machined heads with springs and retainers, arp main and head studs, aftermarket intake / throttle body, 255lph fuel pump, 42lb injectors, ford performance timing kit and some other modifications that should be pushing the car to some pretty decent HP levels.

I am wondering what the best route would be as far as tuning goes? Obviously dyno tuning would be the best, but i am wondering if the tuner would need anything done on my end? As in a handheld tuner to be able to actually tune the car, or would they be able to plug into the ECU with their own software and tune the car with what they have on hand?

Would a handheld be worth it in my situation at all?

Thanks in advance for the responses!
@04sleeper, he'll get you right

01yellercobra

Established Member
You'll need a wideband of some sort for WOT. I like to have one anyway just in case.

The hand held will depend on the software your tuner uses. I think 04sleeper still uses SCT so you'll need a hand held for that. Software like HP writes to the ECU so it doesn't need a hand held device.

Users who are viewing this thread