Tuning

goalguy02

Established Member
Clewiston?! Where the hell is Clewiston?!!!!! I though Clewiston dissapeared!

Lets take a road trip across Fla and get tuned brotha!!!

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
edz said:
Brian, where the hell you been? Got it on the road yet?

Not yet getting closer. Promotion is finishing my trans and then I will be ready to drop my motor in. I am going to run it for around 700 miles with the stock fuel system then install the return-style one and tow it up to SCT to be tuned.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
razors edge, are you kidding me?

That is the normal response. :lol: Their reputation is so bad that when I blew my motor and my cousin in the Keys heard about it he called me immediately to make sure I wasn't bringing it to them. I laughed and said no way in hell. He is not even into high performance cars, but has friends that are.

edz

Retired.
Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
razors edge, are you kidding me?

They have done work for me and I was totaly satisfied, it was not tuning however, I am happy with the Preditor tune I have now, There has been a little change in management over there one of the owners has left and they have a new co-owner. And the 1,000 or so Lightnings driving around Florida that have RazorsEdge stickers in the windows might debate it with you. Standing by for the flames......... :burn:

Fast Willy

Established Member
edz said:
They have done work for me and I was totaly satisfied, it was not tuning however, I am happy with the Preditor tune I have now, There has been a little change in management over there one of the owners has left and they have a new co-owner. And the 1,000 or so Lightnings driving around Florida that have RazorsEdge stickers in the windows might debate it with you. Standing by for the flames......... :burn:

I agree totally with you edz. :rockon:

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
I have heard alot of good but alot more bad from razor edge... i kno we had to SVT LIGHTNINGS that where tuned by Razor Edge that blew.. they went to MAK and they found the Tune was all messed up.. There was a Yellow Mach and 3 Cobras from Razors that went to MAK as well for work.. they said they where not happy with Razor...

Look to each its own you.. kno.. there will always be bad mouthing between shop u kno we all kno that.. I bet you have heard bd things from MAK as well..

As long as the work gets done right!! and the car is fast and strong!! then hey go for it! just my 2 cents!

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Just to back Erick up even though I have not had work done at Mak Performance I have never heard one bad thing about them.:beer:

NXSVTCOBRA

toofast4u said:
That is the normal response. :lol: Their reputation is so bad that when I blew my motor and my cousin in the Keys heard about it he called me immediately to make sure I wasn't bringing it to them. I laughed and said no way in hell. He is not even into high performance cars, but has friends that are.
what promotion tranny are you getting? im running one of theirs as well

kenny78h said:
I need a shop to tune my 1993 lx ....south florida area thanks for any help......
what does your car have done to it? you may want to take it to MAK, not too many shops out there worth a shyt now-a-days, Razors Edge, i dont know how the hell they are still open with the rep they have..... i've seen cars from there that are capable of making huge power and end up not making near the power it should...

ask Solisimo what he thinks of them (if he's still around on the boards)

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
what promotion tranny are you getting? im running one of theirs as well

They rebuilt my stock T56 with Liberty 26-spline input shaft, McLeod Steel collar, new syncros, Billet 1st and 2nd keys, and blueprinted. They say I shouldn't have a problem with it holding my expected power.

Sprayed_Pony said:
ask Solisimo what he thinks of them (if he's still around on the boards)

:pop:
I did tell him I didn't think it was a good idea he bring it there.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
edz said:
So Brian, you gonna have it ready for the SVTOA Sebring event at the end of April????

It better be. I have my pistons to show you. The the top must of got stuck in the bore or something as it was peeled up on one side which is what caused the failure.

Users who are viewing this thread