Turbo 93-96 Civic Hb vs Bolt On A4 Z28

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
I was cruising to the local grocery store to pick up a few items I didn't have at home to make dinner.

I am almost to the store and I noticed a HB Civic coming up on me very quickly. He then cut me off and stayed in second or a low gear as his revs were really high. As he passed me I heard his blow off valve or what sounded like one.

As we passed through the intersection it cleared up and a long stretch of road with low traffic was ahead he tried to punch it and pass me. When he got near my back bumper I punched it and stopped his pull and pulled an additional 4 cars.

Some cars were ahead of us but they ended up turning left as we came to the light I slowed down. Big mistake as I was slowing down the light turned green and he punched it.

He pulled about a car to a car and a half on me as I was spinning.I peddled my car and caught traction pretty easily and stopped his pull and yanked him by 6-7 cars this time and would have pulled more but he just stopped and hit a U-turn....

I kinda feel like a douche because I waved goodbye to him as I was walking him but I probably would have been a better sport if he hadnt tried to do a ricer fly by and cut me off initially...

I think he thought I was gonna be an easy kill :rockon::burnout:

Last edited:

krazykorean35

Established Member
i call bullshit. turboed hondas dont lose! LOL jk

nice kill, you should have paddled with your hand out the window as you went by him haha

2k3gt

Established Member
Awesome kill man! That was a bitch move by him pulling a U-turn as soon as he lost, but hopefully you hurt his ego a little bit and showed him where he really is on the food chain :)

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
i call bullshit. turboed hondas dont lose! LOL jk

nice kill, you should have paddled with your hand out the window as you went by him haha

LOL, the wave good bye was demoralizing enough I think :beer: :coolman:

Awesome kill man! That was a bitch move by him pulling a U-turn as soon as he lost, but hopefully you hurt his ego a little bit and showed him where he really is on the food chain :)

Yea, I was hoping for a better race honestly :bored:

exdeath

Established Member
Lol @ $500 Ebay turbo kit on a stock D series.

Just enough boost to give you the BOV sound. :bash:

Last edited:

stangliter04

Established Member
Nice kill! Around my area it's hit or miss will a turbo civic. Some run really fast others you'd think the turbo slowed it down.

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member

This is what I figured. I was disappointed that it wasnt a closer race.

Nice kill! Around my area it's hit or miss will a turbo civic. Some run really fast others you'd think the turbo slowed it down.

Yea....seems to be the same out here

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member

Its like that with alot of cars. Its all in the combo and the tune. I cant count how many H/C/I Fox 5.0's Ive seen that could barely get out of there own way. And then you run into one that somebody actually spent a little money for good parts and had a goal and they can run like a raped ape. Same witha trubo Honda.

Nice kill OP. Sometimes you gotta remind the underdogs that they are still underdogs:beer:

harvboi05

Established Member
5th gen civics are 92-95. 96 they switched body styles. fyi.

if you beat him that badly he probly wasnt even turbo. stock block turbo D series usually trap about 105-110, which should have made for a decent roll race for you guys. if he was b series he'd trap at least 110 with a typical turbo build, and if it was built B series he trap probly 130, ha.

he definitely sounds like a jerk, as most NA honda guys are.

cammedformy

Established Member
Good kill. You should have seen how often I got crap from civics before I was H/C. I guess since its a Formula, they all think its a V6. I hurt alot of feelings, but damn was it fun.

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
5th gen civics are 92-95. 96 they switched body styles. fyi.

if you beat him that badly he probly wasnt even turbo. stock block turbo D series usually trap about 105-110, which should have made for a decent roll race for you guys. if he was b series he'd trap at least 110 with a typical turbo build, and if it was built B series he trap probly 130, ha.

he definitely sounds like a jerk, as most NA honda guys are.

It was the round EG ? one....I clearly heard a BOV, but I could have been mistaken :shrug:

Good kill. You should have seen how often I got crap from civics before I was H/C. I guess since its a Formula, they all think its a V6. I hurt alot of feelings, but damn was it fun.

I cut the tips off of my car so it looks V6'ish from the back :coolman:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
nice kill...I love the wave thing!

The fiancee was driving my car one day and we caught a red light next to a women in a buick lacrosse. The next block was two lane but merged down to one immediately after that. The buick started creeping as the other light turned yellow and when the light changed she mashed the gas and tried to take off... my fiancee was expecting it and railed on it as soon as the light changed... we spun bad enough to stay even with the buick through first and just before the shift to second I leaned out the window a bit and started to wave at the lady. It was pretty funny watching he face the whole time as I lost about 1000 miles of rubber and then ripped away like she was parked.

Then I remembered it was my car that just had the shit beat out of it and it quickly took away the fun for me. :(

S8ER01Z

Established Member

I had a similar experience with an EVO from a highway roll... turned out after posting a video of it that the guys wastegate was malfunctioning and it wasn't even a fair race. :(

Users who are viewing this thread