Turbo Build...04 Coyote Swap GT

TClark22

Established Member
Hotside from headers to turbo are fully tacked together and off with the welder to his nicer machine to fully weld it together!! Had the welder come over last night and knocked it out. He's also going to make a brace for me to aid in holding up the turbo because these borg warners are so freaking heavy, we don't want all that weight on just the driver side header flange. We are going to support off the body because its the easiest way...because of that he recommends I switch to solid motor mounts so the motor doesn't move and rip the welds off the pipe...Kinda don't want to do that but also don't want to be cracking welds all the time.

All in all, last night went rather smooth.

So now on to the downpipe and cold side once he's done welding this up!

atxjustice6r

Established Member
Im a fan of solid motor mounts myself, really adds to the raw feeling. Most especially in something with a big lopey cam though

TClark22

Established Member
What transmission are you using? I wonder if a 6r80 could work in the new edge

T56. From what I've read is no one has figured out a way to control the 6R80 outside of a 10-15 GT.

gen 4 g19 all day.

Just bought a Gen 3 G19 last weekend. It was cheaper. lol and the differences weren't screaming pay more for the gen 4. We'll see. Hoping to put a couple hundred rounds through it tonight after work.

Im a fan of solid motor mounts myself, really adds to the raw feeling. Most especially in something with a big lopey cam though

Yea I'm just not sure on them. Lol I mean I will run them. I just like keeping the car more comfortable because I like to drive it a lot. To work and whatnot.

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
T56. From what I've read is no one has figured out a way to control the 6R80 outside of a 10-15 GT.

Just bought a Gen 3 G19 last weekend. It was cheaper. lol and the differences weren't screaming pay more for the gen 4. We'll see. Hoping to put a couple hundred rounds through it tonight after work.

Yea I'm just not sure on them. Lol I mean I will run them. I just like keeping the car more comfortable because I like to drive it a lot. To work and whatnot.

I've got solid motor mounts in my car. Other than the occasional vibration at low RPM its not very noticeable.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
What transmission are you using? I wonder if a 6r80 could work in the new edge

From what I've read, there is currently no stand alone controller for the 6r80. It talks with the factory ECM, which also talks with the factory ignition. So for a 6R80 behind a coyote, you need the actual cars wiring harness, not the ford racing control pack.

03Sleeper

Established Member
From what I've read, there is currently no stand alone controller for the 6r80. It talks with the factory ECM, which also talks with the factory ignition. So for a 6R80 behind a coyote, you need the actual cars wiring harness, not the ford racing control pack.

I just talked to shrader performance and they have a 6r80 attached to their blown 2v 4.6 He said it requires a lot of wiring tho . I'm sure like you said the 6r80 attached to a coyote with the harness should work in the new edge. I saw where a guy did it in a fox

TClark22

Established Member
Car is going to be sick. Power goals?

With this shortblock I'll limit it to 900s HP wise.

But for right now, I'm just running it off 7lb wastegate springs, so probably 6-700 to start out. A couple reasons not to crank it up to kill right away...1. I haven't driven a car with more than 410rwhp...so I don't need to jump into double that right away. lol. and 2. The transmission is just a stock cobra T56 with 26 spline input and twin disk McLeod so I'd say that's good for maybe 700, maybe...and I am sure we can make a dyno pull to get to 900 and be fine but it wouldn't be driven on at those power levels.

TClark22

Established Member
All welded up now! No more hoist holding this bad bitch up!

Just ordered more shit too...draining my account...well stacking it up on my credit card, racking up them miles...lol House down payment was just suspended for a few months

4" 304 stainless downpipe...that shits expensive.
3" aluminum coldside
Treadstone 3.5" core intercooler
turbosmart raceport

Last edited:

Mach828

Established Member
Better start building a cage! This thing is going to fly. Can't wait for track times and videos.

Users who are viewing this thread