Turbo Build...04 Coyote Swap GT

Blackoyote

Established Member
Wanna trade it for an 03 Cobra when it's done?! Lol. I love it man, things appear to be going well. :banana:

TClark22

Established Member
Wanna trade it for an 03 Cobra when it's done?! Lol. I love it man, things appear to be going well. :banana:

lol...no but I do want to add a terminator to my collection one day. lol I don't think at this point I'll even be selling this thing unless I just am extremely desperate for cash. Even then I'd go to my dad for help before I sold it!

TClark22

Established Member
First box showed up...

2 - 4" 304 SS 90° bends
1 - 4" Vband flange
1 - 3" cast aluminum elbow incase we need to weld for the intercooler
1 - TurboSmart Race Port.

just look at how straight the cuts are on my $65 a piece 4" 90s...Ugh and I thought vibrant was higher quality than this.

Then messed around more this weekend on radiator hold down tabs...I think I have them nailed down. Not the prettiest but made by me using a vise and hammer to bend...lol These will be sitting under the radiator cover thing and be painted black anyway. But its rock solid in there, rubber isolated so there can be some movement or bump absorption

TClark22

Established Member
Made some progress...Started the downpipe, messed around with intercooler location. Hope to lock down I/c location, finish the rest of DP and start routing cold side by the end of the week.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
The third picture makes it look like the top piping for the IC will hit that IC guard you fabbed up?

TClark22

Established Member
Rest of piping almost finished. Turbo to intercooler mocked up. Intercooler location set. BOV location set. Piping from intercooler to TB, almost done. Waiting on a couple more pieces to show up later this week and it will be ready to be sent off to weld everything. No pictures of the I/C to TB pipe yet but we have it routed up and poking out of the inner fender...just got to route the rest. We are increasing the pipe size to 3.5" for the stretch from the fender to the TB so we can stick the MAF in that piping. We originally wanted the MAF in the I/c tank but didn't see that happening.

TClark22

Established Member
Should be trailering the car over to the welder at the end of the week to weld the rest of the kit!

Got the last pipe to finish the cold side this weekend...we ended up not liking it. We wanted to use a 90° pipe to finish into the intake. But how much we had to cut off the 90 just to get it to fit...the coupler connection looked like garbage and the clamp would have a hard time at a weird angle. So we are just going to use a 90° coupler with a straight pipe to make it look better but mainly fit better.

20150531_161748 by TClark04, on Flickr

TClark22

Established Member
Coupler came in...this will work much better.

Just threw it on the car real quick. Still need to cut some off the coupler and take about an inch or 2 out of the straight pipe. Should be done with that tonight. As far as I know the car is getting picked up tomorrow and welded over the weekend.

02trubluegt

Semper Fi
Established Member
Just read your entire swap thread and this thread. Subn for a fantastic build and my goals. Looking into buying a daily now and gonna start piecing together and repainting/building my new edge. You car is an inspiration!:rockon::rockon:

TClark22

Established Member
Just read your entire swap thread and this thread. Subn for a fantastic build and my goals. Looking into buying a daily now and gonna start piecing together and repainting/building my new edge. You car is an inspiration!:rockon::rockon:

Thanks man.

My car is somewhat clean as it is body wise but once I am "done" with performance I will definitely be turning my attention to the body. Cobra skirts, cobra wing, cobra mirrors, 95 cobra R 2.5" cowl hood, and can't decide whether to keep GT front bumper or 01 Cobra bumper. Then have the whole body touched up and resprayed.

But for now, I'm going to love trolling people with what looks to be a lightly modded 04 GT from the outside...well until you see the bumper exit exhaust.

Last edited:

TClark22

Established Member
Alrighty. Just probably going to cut a little bit more off the straight pipe just to get it to perfect length but it all fits together nicely! The piping for my turbo kit can now be completed! Should be getting trailered tonight to get the rest of the kit welded up.

Users who are viewing this thread