Turbo Cobra guys track setup?

dover

vettekiller
Established Member
Hey guys I just got the motor squared away in the car and the rearend will be ready for the 24th. But a couple things are still left in the air.

1. What size of tire are people running
2. What gear are people running 3.55, 3.27, 3.90, 4.10?
3. If I already have 4.10's in the car should I switch to 3.55's
4. Should I do solid LCA's and non-adj solid UCA's
5. Moser 31 Spline Axles with Detroit Locker and C-clip Elim is this a good route for my rearend?
6. What are people launching at?
7. I don't have a two step setup but will in the future
8. What wheel combination is the best for me (15x8 w/ 5.5 bs or 15x10 w/ 6.5 bs)

My current setup on the car:
Hellion T76BB
Sullivan Upper/Lower
Aeromotive Return style fuel system
twin GT pumps
MM K member
8.8 out of 01 Bullitt
Spec Stage 3
full subframe connectors
and all the other supporting mods
no cage

I am heading to the track on the 24th to try an dial it in. Thanks for all your help.

Digital

Established Member
Hey guys I just got the motor squared away in the car and the rearend will be ready for the 24th. But a couple things are still left in the air.

1. What size of tire are people running
Judging by your 2nd question I'm guessing you mean height? seems like 26" is good but some go with a 28. I believe they do it depending on their gear. Easier to change tire size then gear size ya know?
2. What gear are people running 3.55, 3.27, 3.90, 4.10?
Theres some calculators you can use to punch in your gear, tire, tranny ratio, rpm, blah blah and get your MPH. Obviously you want to be just at the end of your power band when you cross the line so if you know the time your car will most likely run you can use them accordingly.
If that doesnt matter to you then a lower gear gives you longer between shifts, higher top speed, and puts more load on the turbo to make it spool faster.

3. If I already have 4.10's in the car should I switch to 3.55's
If your taking it all apart a 3.55 is a nice all around gear
4. Should I do solid LCA's and non-adj solid UCA's
Personal preferance I suppose.
5. Moser 31 Spline Axles with Detroit Locker and C-clip Elim is this a good route for my rearend?
A lot of people like the lockers but for my personal preferance I think they're a little rough on the street. Moser has a HP calculator on their site. If you're making over I believe 650 with 3.55s you need 33 spline or better. But lots have ran higher with 31s.
6. What are people launching at?
7. I don't have a two step setup but will in the future
Was this a question?
8. What wheel combination is the best for me (15x8 w/ 5.5 bs or 15x10 w/ 6.5 bs)
15x10 or bigger, more meat = more hook.

My current setup on the car:
Hellion T76BB
Sullivan Upper/Lower
Aeromotive Return style fuel system
twin GT pumps
MM K member
8.8 out of 01 Bullitt
Spec Stage 3
full subframe connectors
and all the other supporting mods
no cage

I am heading to the track on the 24th to try an dial it in. Thanks for all your help.

Good luck.

dover

vettekiller
Established Member
Exactly what I was looking for. Really appreciate it. I can't wait for the 24th to post up some numbers.

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
I am probably setting up for the most outrageous setup out there, I will let you guys know how it works out.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
I picked up a n2mb 2 step on my car to take care of the turbo lag. Make sure your tuner changes your timing to -5 in the 1.3-1.7 load range at whatever rpm you plan to launch at is the only thing. Sounds like you have a sick setup mang. What did you make the 717 on, boost and fuel?

dover

vettekiller
Established Member
I picked up a n2mb 2 step on my car to take care of the turbo lag. Make sure your tuner changes your timing to -5 in the 1.3-1.7 load range at whatever rpm you plan to launch at is the only thing. Sounds like you have a sick setup mang. What did you make the 717 on, boost and fuel?

I will let him know I made 717/680 with 93oct, 16*, and 18 psi. I can't imagine race gas at this point, I am going to do a e-cutout next to free some power from my restrictive junk exhaust.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
I will let him know I made 717/680 with 93oct, 16*, and 18 psi. I can't imagine race gas at this point, I am going to do a e-cutout next to free some power from my restrictive junk exhaust.

I'm running a v band clamp with a 4in DP and a electric cut out, picked up 30 rwhp and 35 rwtq from closed cutout to open. What I was mentioning with the timing is if you happen to get the N2mb 2 step, you'd need to ajust like I said to be able to spool fully to what you set your boost at.

dover

vettekiller
Established Member
Do you have link as to where I can purchase the N2mb 2 step? Also I was thinking about keeping the three and venting the wastegate to atomosphere and do a 3'' cut out? Or should I do a 4'' DP with the WG plumbed back in (or out)?

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
I am probably setting up for the most outrageous setup out there, I will let you guys know how it works out.

dude, you have been "talking" about your car for over 5 months now. Please stop and once it actually runs and makes some numbers dont act like its going to be god. I bet its a turd.

Users who are viewing this thread