Turbo Cobra guys track setup?

dover

vettekiller
Established Member
I'll be going with a 3.55 and everyone seems to say thats perfect with a 28'' but for the street I just need something to stick from a roll (for no reason of course) and I was told the 29'' (305/45/18) is perfect.

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
When I said I was going to have the sickest setup ever, I was referring to suspension setup, which was the purpose of the OP in creating this thread.
and so I point out yet again this is what I decided to go with.

Upper and Lower Torque Boxes (may not have to use the uppers - see below)
Maximum Motorsports HD Torque Arm
Maximum Motorsports Panhard Bar
UPR HD Lower Control Arms w/ sway bar mounts
UPR Rear Coilover Kit
I already have tokico shocks in the rear - (5 way adjustable shocks)

This isn't suspension related, but also going in at the same time is
SCT 4 Bank Chip
N2MB 2 Step

So personally I think this suspension setup is stout and it will hopefully work out for me very well. All the parts have been sitting here since the end of march. I just got tuned last weekend and the car is too scary to drive right now. I keep lowering boost and praying to god everytime to car zooms into the triple digits.

Janstang

Established Member
Sickest ever? no.. Nice setup? most definitely. Personally, weight is my enemy and the panhard bar and torque arm weigh too much for my tastes. They work great, but I associate them more with cars that do the curvies.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
No offense but that is not a very "sick" rear suspension setup, especially for drag racing. Thats a pretty basic setup, nothing really to special. IF you want to drag race, hook and go in a straight line. Get rid of the TQ arm and panhard bar and put in adjustable anti roll bar.

For the OP. I agree with Janstang. I would definitely do adjustable uppers. To get the car to launch properly you will need the correct pinion angle for optimal 60fts. The only way you are going to get this is by getting adjustable uppers.

Another issue you are going to run into is getting your car to launch. If you want the car to 60ft well you are going to have to come out very very hard or its going to bog. Im guessing 12+PSI at 5k+ to get the car to come out right on a slick w/o bogging. On a DR it would be a different story and you will probably just end up smoking the tires launching that hard or snapping that input shaft into pieces.

TRBO VNM

well, mine isn't a turbo setup, but I am closer to something working very well for me.

I have stock 04 gt rear springs and I just cut almost 3/4 coil to get some drop, but the 28's fit well, so I may not need to put the fox springs back in, but I do have fox body mustang rear springs uncut that I have used with success as well with the 3.31 gears.

I have tokico d-spec shocks and struts adjusted 5 full turns back from full stiff. I have mm coilover front setup with 225# springs.

I also have the MM adjustable sway bar. basically an anti roll bar. I have not put the panhard or torq arm bar on yet. I am running stock uppers and need to check my pinion angle. I wonder if that is part of my 60' problem. that or I am still learning to launch with the 3.73's.

it is close to pulling the tires, but isn't. so the suspension is working up front and transfering weight because it does not appear to be unloading the tires on me. I do need to adjust the sway bar a little for a straighter launch.

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
I am trying to build something that can hook and be comfortable for daily driving. I think its great that we all do different suspension setup to see what works best for what. Now I could make a bullet proof straight line setup, but my ride is a weekend warrior so when a turn does come up I don't want to have to slam on my brembo's before entering a nice turn.

I do agree my setup will add more weight to my ride, but I am not the type of racer who drives a gutted out car, I don't think anything is wrong with it just not my personal taste.

Also what is everyone running in the 1/4 with there current suspension setups, I think this will help out the OP and current viewers of this thread.

blowncobra690

Established Member
My setup is

steeda double adjustable upper control arms
miller race cars custom adjustable lower control arm
millers race cars anti roll bar
qa1 12 way adjustble shocks with coilover.
boxed upper and lower torque arms
built sra
28 inch tall tires

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread