turbo cobra

1raresnake

Established Member
Just got my cobra back from a shop here in nor cal. Lets just say i want to get the work double check because it sounds like i got all kinds of exhaust leaks. Also i need a tune because when my car gets up to temperatures, my car wont let me datalog. Willing to go down south since i am in San Jose,CA. Let me know about the shops we have out here. I know i have AED but shaun said he wont tune my with a stock ECU.

vjay88

Too little to late
Established Member
Just got my cobra back from a shop here in nor cal. Lets just say i want to get the work double check because it sounds like i got all kinds of exhaust leaks. Also i need a tune because when my car gets up to temperatures, my car wont let me datalog. Willing to go down south since i am in San Jose,CA. Let me know about the shops we have out here. I know i have AED but shaun said he wont tune my with a stock ECU.

Take it down south. Any of the "big" nor cal shops for mustangs suck.

vjay88

Too little to late
Established Member
go check out NEXGEN motorsports in hayward . there doing my termi swap and tune .

For something close to stock like a pullied cobra motor they seem to do good work. But for over the top modular motors like a turbo cobra. I would look elsewhere

vjay88

Too little to late
Established Member
I had my whippled, cobra tuned by AED and I know sekani was tuned by there, and brendons tune started from AED, but I have been down south, and the whippled and kenne bell cobra's run way harder and all just seem faster down there. Thats why mine is down there. MHP ftw.

BayareaSS

Established Member
I had my whippled, cobra tuned by AED and I know sekani was tuned by there, and brendons tune started from AED, but I have been down south, and the whippled and kenne bell cobra's run way harder and all just seem faster down there. Thats why mine is down there. MHP ftw.

Whatever you say....I know everything thats needed to know about sekani's car and brandon's whipple car can run with the best of them.

vjay88

Too little to late
Established Member
Whatever you say....I know everything thats needed to know about sekani's car and brandon's whipple car can run with the best of them.

lol I respect both those guys and would never mean to disrespect either one of them, but They can barely run 10's, Maybe. Greg has eaton's with spray in the 10s and tons of 2.3s in the low 10s and 9s. Sean-not so much. :bored:

BayareaSS

Established Member
lol I respect both those guys and would never mean to disrespect either one of them, but They can barely run 10's, Maybe. Greg has eaton's with spray in the 10s and tons of 2.3s in the low 10s and 9s. Sean-not so much. :bored:

Thats all because of 60fts. You should know that. Even with 1.9-2.0 60fts the car ran 11.0 at 130+

So obviously with traction thats a mid 10 sec daily driven cobra.

How fast has your cobra ran? If it has gone at least mid 10s then we shouldn't even be having this convo lol

vjay88

Too little to late
Established Member
My car has gone 11.0 At 124 with a whipple and a cutback.. That's it. I have a built teksid going in, with e85, more boost, a small shot, and a solid rear. What do you think it will be good for then? 300lbs gone and a 150 more hp idk lol more than a mid 10 I would think

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member

Really?? Here's a 3.4L auto running 9's

YouTube - ‪AEDHP's Channel‬‏

Yea this car is slow too. Yea running 8's isn't fast at all.

I'm really starting to think that you are just really mad that your didn't do as well as you had hoped, probably due to driver error. Saying that Shaun and AED doesn't have the fastest cars and that Southern CA cars do is just stupid. Here are some facts..
1. AED is in Shingle Springs and there isn't a lot of cars that will drive up there for a tune.
2. They are smaller than RET and don't sponsor as many cars as RET does.
3. RET is pretty much located in the premium spot being in Socal where there is more money and more cars.

My car has gone 11.0 At 124 with a whipple and a cutback.. That's it. I have a built teksid going in, with e85, more boost, a small shot, and a solid rear. What do you think it will be good for then? 300lbs gone and a 150 more hp idk lol more than a mid 10 I would think

Again driver error for the 11.0.. I hate to keep picking this apart but I mean really.. Here is a prime example of how a how with low boost would run with a decent driver..

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw54J3XpUL4"]YouTube - ‪AED built Saleen 2V goes 10.7 @ 128 (11lbs of boost)‬‏[/nomedia]

So before you go and hate that AED's cars are slower, can't run, don't run 10's, blah blah blah maybe go and read on how much shit goes into making a pass or running a car in general. You can't just slap a huge blower on it make stupid dyno numbers and expect it to run 9's because that's what you saw on YouTube and on the forums..

hurley383

Established Member
Really?? Here's a 3.4L auto running 9's

Yea this car is slow too. Yea running 8's isn't fast at all.

I'm really starting to think that you are just really mad that your didn't do as well as you had hoped, probably due to driver error. Saying that Shaun and AED doesn't have the fastest cars and that Southern CA cars do is just stupid. Here are some facts..
1. AED is in Shingle Springs and there isn't a lot of cars that will drive up there for a tune.
2. They are smaller than RET and don't sponsor as many cars as RET does.
3. RET is pretty much located in the premium spot being in Socal where there is more money and more cars.

Again driver error for the 11.0.. I hate to keep picking this apart but I mean really.. Here is a prime example of how a how with low boost would run with a decent driver..

YouTube - ‪AED built Saleen 2V goes 10.7 @ 128 (11lbs of boost)‬‏

So before you go and hate that AED's cars are slower, can't run, don't run 10's, blah blah blah maybe go and read on how much shit goes into making a pass or running a car in general. You can't just slap a huge blower on it make stupid dyno numbers and expect it to run 9's because that's what you saw on YouTube and on the forums..

I think it`s rather funny you are complaining about this guy complaining about Shaun. I personally don`t like Shaun he has a shitty attitude when it comes to doing new things "E-85" which in this day and age new things come around often....

I dont think the guy above "vjay88" has a drive error the car is an auto, as well as him cutting a 1.6 60ft on his track time and its a vert... As i use to know Shaun "baby Shaun" that is when he use to use Jeff aka the tuners dyno, he has a good work ethic keeping customers cars clean and if you are down to pay what he wants then everything is good but i have seen enough people go threw multiple built AED motors after ongoing issues and then to still be having issues...

I wont speak on AED having slow cars or AED not producing fast cars but if im not mistaken that is the silver Saleen that is usually at AED. I think the fact of you bringing up the built Saleen is rather funny as the car has no backseat and has a "fully built motor" The guy who owned the car before Sean G. Would kill those times.
But cool we got it you nut swing for AED because you obviously like getting butt raped and others obviously don`t so we will leave it at that :beer:

Last edited:

hurley383

Established Member

OP sorry for cluttering up your thread I would say give Greg @ RET a call every experience i have had with him via phone or email he has been open to try E-85 as well as any other sorta thing i would like to throw at my car within a reason of course while still producing a reliable tune. And as others have said he enjoys tuning the turbos :).

Users who are viewing this thread