turbo cobra

reed32

Established Member
damn this thread is deep.

Marlon, good kill man. the car sounds real healthy. Dont waste your time running Tony on the bottle cause your car all motor is just as fast as his (if not faster now). motor for motor should be a good run.

Lightening boy (aka VJ), you might want to pick better matches in the future.

vjay88

Too little to late
Established Member

Marlon, good kill man. the car sounds real healthy. Dont waste your time running Tony on the bottle cause your car all motor is just as fast as his (if not faster now). motor for motor should be a good run.

Oh yea, I will make sure to pick better matches next time.:rollseyes
I did not know who it was, but when I pulled up and saw him I knew I was done. I figured I had two options, just pussy out and leave or race and lose. Figure It would cost him more in gas than me no matter what.... lol (get it E85 is cheaper than anything else......) and when you spurt around the internet saying 430 rwhp. But then It will not be worth his time to run a c6 z06 with full exhaust and a tune. The whole thing was stupid, It wasn't a race it was a slaughter. Yea, let me go out in my TRUCK, and race a Z06.......................................... who does that? Oh wait, no one.

Its great marlon that you agreed to race me, and lead me to believe you had 430hp. But that's a lie. Straight up.

Marlon, Tony is ready anytime bro. Lets set it up. I talked to him and he said that you were avoiding him.

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Josh, I was would with marlon tonight, actually did a little hang out and he brought the car.. Saw under the hood etc and even saw it fly by me.. That car puts down 430 for sure.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I did not know who it was, but when I pulled up and saw him I knew I was done. I figured I had two options, just pussy out and leave or race and lose. Figure It would cost him more in gas than me no matter what.... lol (get it E85 is cheaper than anything else......) and when you spurt around the internet saying 430 rwhp. But then It will not be worth his time to run a c6 z06 with full exhaust and a tune. The whole thing was stupid, It wasn't a race it was a slaughter. Yea, let me go out in my TRUCK, and race a Z06.......................................... who does that? Oh wait, no one.

Its great marlon that you agreed to race me, and lead me to believe you had 430hp. But that's a lie. Straight up.

Marlon, Tony is ready anytime bro. Lets set it up. I talked to him and he said that you were avoiding him.

It's 430hp, but it's just setup right.

getleftcobra

CAN U READ DA PLATE!!!
Established Member
Josh, I was would with marlon tonight, actually did a little hang out and he brought the car.. Saw under the hood etc and even saw it fly by me.. That car puts down 430 for sure.

You guys were chilling and no one hit me up! I see how I is!:nonono:Lol

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
Wait I am kinda confused in all of this. He ran an 11.6 and you ran an 11.8 at the track. He beat you by like 3 or 4 cars judging by the video and taking into account better/worse traction than one another on the street that seems correct. Not sure about the whole Z06 comments but his time seems right for a 430hp SS with a driver who knows what he is doing. If you throw out all the comments about the corvette his 430hp statement seems right going off actual track times and the way the race went.

Last edited:

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
On another note I am pissed that I had to go to SFO tonight rather than get the car out to Dublin with you guys. Would've been nice to see some nice cars with great power for a change.

vjay88

Too little to late
Established Member
Wait I am kinda confused in all of this. He ran an 11.6 and you ran an 11.8 at the track. He beat you by like 3 or 4 cars judging by the video and taking into account better/worse traction than one another on the street that seems correct. Not sure about the whole Z06 comments but his time seems right for a 430hp SS with a driver who knows what he is doing. If you throw out all the comments about the corvette his 430hp statement seems right going off actual track times and the way the race went.

Wow is that really what people see when they watch that video?:lol1::lol: He has said 11.3 was his time btw too.

Its cool never mind, yeah I believe its 430.

Last edited:

BayareaSS

Established Member

Thanks bro. Fwiw, Tony has me covered on motor

I don't know what to tell you. The car has 430 or less, I wouldn't be surprised if I have 425hp lol. You're not the first person to think the car has more then it really does and I appreciate the compliment. And I told you I talk to Tony on a regular basis and don't need you to play middle man. I was just with him a few days ago. I also told you he only wants to race me on bottle. If the bottle wasn't in the car then I can't run on bottle and he knew it was not in the car.
tonight was a good time. "I like your underwear" :lol1::lol1:
It's 430hp, but it's just setup right.
:beer:

You guys were chilling and no one hit me up! I see how I is!:nonono:Lol

My fault :(

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
Wow is that really what people see when they watch that video?:lol1::lol: He has said 11.3 was his time btw too.

I didn't watch it in full detail, all I'm saying is his car looks like a 430hp car with a good driver. I've never seen the car or met Marlon but the people who know him that I have spoken with seem to think he is a straight shooter and doesn't try to hustle people.

BayareaSS

Established Member
Okay, whatever I really don't care, Its great that all motor 430hp camaro's can keep up with or beat Modded C6 Z06s, One of the fastest cars made ever.

The internet says it, so it must be true.:read:
You have never heard me say I can run with tony on motor. I actually said the opposite of that.

On another note I am pissed that I had to go to SFO tonight rather than get the car out to Dublin with you guys. Would've been nice to see some nice cars with great power for a change.
I was disappointed that you couldn't make it out. Was looking forward to checking out your ride.

lol I'm sure they see more then 3-4 cars. Its up to you to believe the power or not. I wish I had a little more power but I don't so I use what I have :burnout:

I didn't watch it in full detail, all I'm saying is his car looks like a 430hp car with a good driver. I've never seen the car or met Marlon but the people who know him that I have spoken with seem to think he is a straight shooter and doesn't try to hustle people.

vjay88

Too little to late
Established Member
Thanks bro. Fwiw, Tony has me covered on motor

I don't know what to tell you. The car has 430 or less, I wouldn't be surprised if I have 425hp lol. You're not the first person to think the car has more then it really does and I appreciate the compliment. And I told you I talk to Tony on a regular basis and don't need you to play middle man. I was just with him a few days ago. I also told you he only wants to race me on bottle. If the bottle wasn't in the car then I can't run on bottle and he knew it was not in the car.

tonight was a good time. "I like your underwear" :lol1::lol1:

My fault :(

I am not playing middle man. Just when I talked to him and asked about you, he said he hadn't talked to you in like a month, And he told me he would be down to race you with your bottle on or off. Both opposites of what you have told me. Just sayin :shrug:

I will give him another call tomorrow just to confirm. Maybe I heard wrong:beer:

But he does believe you put down 430 and ran 11.3 fwiw.

vjay88

Too little to late
Established Member

Man I must always just hang out with the people who hate certain people, but then the whole world loves them so then I look like the asswhole when I share that opinion after I have grown to agree with it.

cur 4 vnm

Established Member
Hey chris it was nice to meet up with you again last night. Lmao at "I like your underwear" haha

I know for a fact marlon only makes 430 but that car rolls the hell out but thats what happens when you know how to drive and the car is setup right and he has never said he has Tony handled on motor.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Hey bud it was nice meeting up with you too!! I had a vid of your car turning to get onto the freeway that thing sounds sooo sick!!! That clutch is nasty though!!! I don't know how you could drive that on the street lol!

cur 4 vnm

Established Member
Thank you its definately different then last time you heard it. Oh did you? how did it come out? Id like to see it if i can. Lol yeah that clutch is crazy sounding i always get the "oh that thing has a supercharger too" comments lol. Its a blast to drive on the street, its so unpredictable everytime i get in it so it makes it fun. Hopefully we can get your friends to come out next time and do something like that again?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea it turned out pretty decent.. Shoot me a PM with your email and when I load it I'll send it to you.. It's only like 40 seconds long but it sounds sooo sick! I would like to do something like that again, but it probably won't happen until I come back again. But we will do it again for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread