Turbo Upgrade?

TRBO VNM

I don't think anyone on here does. I know that there are a couple places that do have new wheels. Not sure about ported housings.

check with OCDSPEED (Ollie's Custom Design I think it is called) and Torrie with Unleashed Tuning.

I know Ollie is testing out a new turbo and I know some other places are testing out modifications to the stock one. and there are a couple other companies working on turbo kit upgrades. ford really limited us with the damn manifold...although I am not planning on changing the turbo anyway

Last edited:

SVT Rob

Established Member
Torrie at Unleashed does an upgraded compressor and turbine wheel. With just a catless DP, modded turbo, W/M injection, and a tune, he's put down 285hp/360tq at 25psi. The cost of the upgrade is $1499 + $999 refundable core charge, if you can't send him yours immediately.

Seems like a pretty good upgrade, and I'd be willing to bet if you upgrade the FMIC, piping, and the rest of the exhaust, you'd make more.

alex12gt

Established Member
Tr3 is coming out with a tubro upgrade that's going to the dyno soon, ATP has been working on one along with several other companies unleashed is doing factory turbo work as stated above

A lot of things going on but not one solid kit yet.....ever since I sold the stang I've been getting into the st pretty well

TRBO VNM

Ollie is working on a Borg turbo setup. Has all the parts, but the car he was using for mock up is at the dealer right now, so hopefully that gets going in a week or so.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Torrie at Unleashed does an upgraded compressor and turbine wheel. With just a catless DP, modded turbo, W/M injection, and a tune, he's put down 285hp/360tq at 25psi. The cost of the upgrade is $1499 + $999 refundable core charge, if you can't send him yours immediately.

Seems like a pretty good upgrade, and I'd be willing to bet if you upgrade the FMIC, piping, and the rest of the exhaust, you'd make more.

for the less informed of us, what do they typically dyno stock?

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member

Man, I would have figured it'd make a good bit more than that.. torque is up there but the power seems low. Id love to see a custom manifold and a 30R on one of these!!

alex12gt

Established Member
waiting to see how much they cost i sold off my stang so now im just enjoying the st but a little more power never hurts

SVT Rob

Established Member
Man, I would have figured it'd make a good bit more than that.. torque is up there but the power seems low. Id love to see a custom manifold and a 30R on one of these!!

around 225 fwhp 270 tq

That's a 60hp/90tq increase at the wheels. That's really not bad for the minimal mods that he has/had done to the car. I'm willing to bet if you combined that with the rest of the mods, you'd be over 300 at the wheels. Folks are getting 275-280whp with all the bolt-ons on a stock turbo.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
That's a 60hp/90tq increase at the wheels. That's really not bad for the minimal mods that he has/had done to the car. I'm willing to bet if you combined that with the rest of the mods, you'd be over 300 at the wheels. Folks are getting 275-280whp with all the bolt-ons on a stock turbo.

Yeah I do suppose youre right, I think Ive ruined by turbo Honda #s :lol:

SVT Rob

Established Member
Yeah I do suppose youre right, I think Ive ruined by turbo Honda #s :lol:

Probably, because people have been turboing Honda's for 15-20 years, so there is already a lot of aftermarket available for it. The ST is still new, and there are a lot of "interesting" designs incorporated into it. Like the fact that the exhaust manifold is built into the head, there's just a mount for the turbo. There are many folks looking into upgrades, and what it's going to take to make power. kmac on FocusST.org is probably the highest, with 380whp, and he's about capped the factory pump.

I figured when my warranty is up in 3 years, there will be more aftermarket out for the car, and more stuff available to the consumer at more reasonable prices.

Rob

FocuST1

TR3 performance made 340hp on their first dyno run with the bw. They also said they found the limits of the clutch and fuel pump.

Mountune has their MR350 package that includes forged internals and garret turbo charger, amongst other things. This is what is in the TackSTer project car.

Lots of options coming out! :pop:

Users who are viewing this thread