TurboBird pics

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
I finally got a chance to take a few pics of the Turbo Coupe. I am getting ready to put some new shocks and struts on it and cut the coils. I am going to be sanding down the whole car for paint as well. It doesn't look bad for $1500.

ScannedImage-6-2.gif

ScannedImage-7-2.gif

ScannedImage-13-2.gif

ScannedImage-12-2.gif

ScannedImage-2-1.gif

Saleen313

Cat Herder
Established Member
Ur taking this turbo"bird" thing a little to far. Did u try to make your elbows look like wings in the second pic(reflection) lol. Matches the emblem though. J/k nice ride for that price especially.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I always like those turbo coupes. I remember driving one when they came out. I was really surprised. Felt identical, power wise, to the 5.0 Bird I drove the same day. Great deal!

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
those are awesome cars. My buddy had one in high school and we would cruise in it all the time and surprise alot of people.

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Damn that thing is clean.

I have an '88 AOD TC with a dead cylinder. I'm hoping to start swapping the drivetrain into my Pinto sometime this year.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
Nice ..those are gettign harder and ahrder to find. Gonna leave it a 4 banger?

There is not many around anymore, most are in the junkyard. Cash for clunkers did not help any. I love the Turbo 4 setup, great power delivery.The 2.3 motors can handle like 22-23 pounds of boost out of the box. I am only running 15.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Thanks man.:beer:

Got to represent the Turbo 4's. The more I play with this 2.3 the more I like it.:thumbsup:

Merkur Depot makes a nice and affordable 3" DP if you are interested. I just picked one up to include the elbow, goes from 4" -> 3"

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
There is not many around anymore, most are in the junkyard. Cash for clunkers did not help any. I love the Turbo 4 setup, great power delivery.The 2.3 motors can handle like 22-23 pounds of boost out of the box. I am only running 15.

Oh yeah i know the potential of them, just wasnt sure if you were gonna go mainstream and yank the engine for a v8 like most people do to these.

Users who are viewing this thread