Turmoil and in need of SVTP advise

hoamskilet

Established Member
brother is being a douche. tell him to suck it up and let her come. he will regret it for the rest of his life if his dad isn't there and this comes between them. I sure as hell didn't like every single person that was at my wedding......tell him to get over it.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
IF it was me in the brothers shoes then the dad wouldnt be attending.

Too dang bad, if you dont want someone at your personal event, then you shouldnt let them be there. Sure it would suck not having your father there for such an important event, but life goes on.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
You need to make certain sacrifices for family. If your brother felt so inclined as to invite your dad, he needs to make the concession for your stepmother. Your father made the decision to marry this woman and has been married to her for some time, therefore he sees something in that. She didnt cause any problem at your wedding. Unless she did something personal and unforgivable to your brother, your dad should be allowed to bring the guest of his choice.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I fell you are giving the right advice to your brother. If anything it is occasions like these that potentially provide your father the ability to realize who she really is. Sounds if your Brother is old enough to make his own decisions but he needs to ask himself if the sacrifice of having his father not at his wedding will be something he may regret later in life.

She may be an asshole but will she really interrupt his wedding? I doubt he will even know she is there unless it is a very small venue.

Oh - and ROFL at Meat Lover Lover!

Last edited:
Guidance? Its your brother's wedding. If he doesn't want certain guests there, then stay out of it. If he doesn't ask family member's for their advice, then people should learn to keep their $0.02 to themselves.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Guidance? Its your brother's wedding. If he doesn't want certain guests there, then stay out of it. If he doesn't ask family member's for their advice, then people should learn to keep their $0.02 to themselves.

Thats not very Christian like.

I think they both are immature, however the advice that was suggested how you would help keep her in line seems like a good concession. No matter how much i loved a spouse i wouldnt let them come in between my childs life, especially during an important event such as this. Sounds like your brother needs to reevaluate if he wants to deal with an evening of potential crap or a lifetime of sadness without your dad. I know what i would pick.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I don't see that there is much you can do. This seems to be between your dad and your brother. The only thing you can do is what you have offered: try and keep her occupied if your brother will let her attend.

Good luck.

Jim Snover

much logic in this post. Let daddo and your brother work it out.

Thats not very Christian like.

I think they both are immature, however the advice that was suggested how you would help keep her in line seems like a good concession. No matter how much i loved a spouse i wouldnt let them come in between my childs life, especially during an important event such as this. Sounds like your brother needs to reevaluate if he wants to deal with an evening of potential crap or a lifetime of sadness without your dad. I know what i would pick.

It most certainly is VERY Christian like. You don't stick your nose in business that is not yours. That's why you have so much Jerry Springer stuff happening in so many families. If family members learned to stay out of things that have nothing to do with them, things would go smoothly. Its his brother's wedding. If he doesn't want someone there then that's his business and other family members should stay out of it and respect his decision. This is a son (groom) and father matter. The dispute is between son and father and other family members should remember that and not choose sides and meddle in the problem. Why does every family member feel its their obligation to mediate and fix family problems like this? Your $0.02 aren't needed unless someone asks you for it.

Last edited:

BlownAway05

Established Member
Sounds like both of them are being pretty stubborn. Maybe you should suttlely try to convince your father to talk to your brother about why he does not want his wife to attend (in a very calm, level headed, understanding way). Doesn't seem like anymore damage could come from an adult conversation on what are the issues, if anything, it seems like a better understanding, and maybe some compromise can come about.

A good way to bring this up might be to let your father know how much it meant for you that he was at your wedding, and that in the end, it would mean just as much to your brother. And that he should at least ask your brother why he doesn't want his wife to attend.

This whole situation def needs some care in how things are gone about. You can't tell someone they are wrong and expect them to not get defensive, problems are never solved this way, even if you win the "arguement", the (losing) person will still have a distaste in their mouth. You have to appeal to their noble causes (hence bringing up how much it meant to you that your father was at your wedding).

Last edited:

Planter

Banned
tell your brother to invite him and her, then get her to meet ya somewhere before the wedding, but without your dad, and drug her, throw her in the trunk till after the wedding, then prop her up beside a tree and put a bottle of Jack Daniels in her hand.

:lol1:

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
It most certainly is VERY Christian like. You don't stick your nose in business that is not yours. That's why you have so much Jerry Springer stuff happening in so many families. I

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
You need to make certain sacrifices for family. If your brother felt so inclined as to invite your dad, he needs to make the concession for your stepmother. Your father made the decision to marry this woman and has been married to her for some time, therefore he sees something in that. She didnt cause any problem at your wedding. Unless she did something personal and unforgivable to your brother, your dad should be allowed to bring the guest of his choice.

:beer:

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Your brother will regret your father NOT being there far more than he will regret having his fathers wife there.

How far away is the wedding? What is your father's wife's take on all of this?

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Your brother will regret your father NOT being there far more than he will regret having his fathers wife there.

How far away is the wedding? What is your father's wife's take on all of this?

I agree.,,.

its about 40 min away.,. she doesn't know yet, he was hoping my brother would come around and she would never have to know.,.,

boduke0220

Established Member
My cousins wife said she wouldnt come to my other cousins wedding if her daughter couldnt be the flower girl or whatever. cousin getting married said i dont think so, other cousin still showed up lol

just tell him you will keep the woman quiet during the wedding

Users who are viewing this thread