Turmoil and in need of SVTP advise

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Well apparently, my family is dysfunctional :nonono: My dad married a woman no one else can stand., she was at my wedding in 2000 and she didn't cause a problem. (She is normally loud obnoxious and a general ass hole) Now my brother is getting married and tells dad he can come, but his wife of 10+ years cannot come. I told him to grow up, but he refuses to listen and now dad not only won't come with out her, he told me he won't have anything to do with my brother from here on out if she remains uninvited. I don't know what else to do.,., I asked my brother if he hates her more than he loves dad.,. he said no but his actions say other wise.,,. So I turn to my SVTP family again for guidance.

Thanks
Rob

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Oh damn that's real ugly. I'd keep talking to your brother about how it will hurt the family and when he looks back on the day sometime in the future it will hurt him.

It's only a few hours. Promise to him that you will keep her occupied.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I feel your pain. I had a situation in my family where one member severely disapproved of something that my niece did. the family member went to vising my sister and niece and I was concerned that things would be said that could not be taken back. So I drove up and spent that same weekend there and told my niece that if the family opened their mouth even once about the situation I could come down on them like white on rice. Thankfully nothing happened and while there was a bit of stress it was not near what we expected.

I would tell your brother that you will be there to keep her in check. but that he is being unfair to your dad to not invite his wife as well. You don't have to like her but you should respect your dad enough to respect his choices in partners.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't see that there is much you can do. This seems to be between your dad and your brother. The only thing you can do is what you have offered: try and keep her occupied if your brother will let her attend.

Good luck.

Jim Snover

Coiled03

Established Member
I don't see that there is much you can do. This seems to be between your dad and your brother. The only thing you can do is what you have offered: try and keep her occupied if your brother will let her attend.

Good luck.

Jim Snover

This.

All you can do is offer counsel to both, and hope cooler heads prevail.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
It's your brothers wedding, he and his bride to be choices on who to invite. Good luck.

Will have to agree with this comment, their choice on who they invite to their weddin. I will have to say that he should respect his dad's decision on who he chose to marry. Tough situation there but I would hate not having either of my parents at my wedding because of something like this.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
can't pick and choose your family, hopefully they can get over it and come to some common ground.

2001GTTT

Yellow is faster
Established Member
I think your brother, your dad, and his wife need to sit down, along with you (as a type of mediator) and talk it out. I mean everyone needs to be honest and lay it all out on the table and be open. Your brother can voice his concerns and your dad and his wife can tell him what they will do to correct them.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Last edited:

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
Your dad sounds like a coward and he should feel like a POS for putting her over him. After my mom died, my dad met some stupid skank who's disrespected everyone in our family. He realizes we all hate her so he's at least man enough to never bring her around the once or twice a year he comes to town to visit. If for any reason she's around us, we just act like she's not even there. It beats cussing her out or worse. Tell your dad to man up. It's your brother's day.

Last edited:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Your dad sounds like a coward and he should feel like a POS for putting her over him. After my mom died, my dad met some stupid skank who's disrespected everyone in our family. He realizes we all hate her so he's at least man enough to never bring her around the once or twice a year he comes to town to visit. If for any reason she's around us, we just act like she's not even there. It beats cussing her out or worse. Tell your dad to man up. It's your brother's day.

He lives with her :shrug: I know they are both being hard headed .,,. but I truly feel my brother is in the wrong on this.,,. if some one invited me and uninvited my wife, I would tell them to pound sand.,,. Im just sayin'

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I've been there. My step mom wasn't the greatest when her and my dad got together. She has now become part of the family but it took years.

However, the one thing we all said (I have 3 brothers) was that it was his choice and his life and we would not exclude him from any part of ours because of it.

So unless she just flat out curses you all out or something any time she is there then there is no reason for your brother to do what he is doing.

JMO from a little experience.

Users who are viewing this thread