Turn Downs?

Masheen365

Established Member
So I'm considering doing something a little different with my exhaust. I was sort of inspired by American Muscle's Project MMD. I like the way turn downs resonate the sound in all directions as opposed to just out the rear. I'm curious how loud a Boss H/race bullet setup like they had would be. I currently just have the stock system with mufflers removed (OTA wired to frame to keep from bouncing) and have no issue with that sound level. I'm completely stock and DD my car.

A follow up question to this, how God awful loud would it be with an off-road H?

Just so there is no confusion this is the setup I'm wanting to emulate.

image_zps4b6c56f7.jpg

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
The sound is absolutely obnoxious at part throttle but sounds decent at WOT. I posted up a few videos on a different thread but I'll post them here too.

[youtube_browser]Vwp9bX0YHfo[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]kyMH037YE3U[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]7uyAFc3kEiI[/youtube_browser]

Masheen365

Established Member
I like it at WOT. I'm worried about a bad drone though. I might just try it. If nothing else I can reuse the bullets for a different setup.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
You might pick up false knock from it too. Shaun @ Aed told me he dynoed a car with cut outs and it picked up some false knock from them being open.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
I noticed no false knock since adding the turndowns to my car..

sweet, it might have been the placement of the other dudes and he might have had headers that made noise from the primaries touching some. your car songs great. iv thought about doing this too.

Need4Speed03

Established Member
I wonder what a good set of Dynomax Ultraflows with turndowns just in front of the axle would sound like. I had these on an old coupe and they were pretty quiet at idle and part throttle but sounded nasty at wot. I think the size of the mufflers were 14 or 16" long and 6" round straight flow through design.

Users who are viewing this thread