Turn up your speakers and enjoy some F1

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
I've watched this video before. Very interesting to hear the different engines

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

oldmachguy

Established Member
Went to Monza in 2006 and again in 2009. In ‘06 there were still some V10s running, and the V8s were allowed to rev to 22,000 rpm. Sounds were insane. Hard to believe but those small cid engines blasted out acoustic pressure waves that would kind of thump your chest way up in the stands on upshifts. In 2009 they were restricted to like 18,000 rpm IIRC, to get more races per engine.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Went to Monza in 2006 and again in 2009. In ‘06 there were still some V10s running, and the V8s were allowed to rev to 22,000 rpm. Sounds were insane. Hard to believe but those small cid engines blasted out acoustic pressure waves that would kind of thump your chest way up in the stands on upshifts. In 2009 they were restricted to like 18,000 rpm IIRC, to get more races per engine.

And we older 4v guys think out 7k reving motors are cool lol

22k rpm...love it lol...hell i love the sound of my little 2 cycle triples at 10k and think that is a silly rpm lol

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
You guys ever hear the BRM supercharged 1.5L V16?

What in the actual **** in those conditions?! Found myself yelling "tree, tree, tree" at my phone.

Its annoying the V6 hybrid era is FAST but you look at the aero on the others and you get a hint why. Kind of opted out of this season. Curious in the modifications for next season make it interesting. I think the Russell run in Shakir kind of put things in perspective.

coposrv

Established Member
Nothing on earth sounds as good to me as a proper NA v12 but the F1 v10 era is just something else.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Nothing on earth sounds as good to me as a proper NA v12 but the F1 v10 era is just something else.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Pretty sure it was the RPM's. 22-23K is insane. The displacement is low, because the stroke is.

Leonie

Established Member
There is an interview (in german) on youtube with Dr. Mario Theissen, who was responsible for the BMW F1 engines during that era.

There he says, that the last version of their V10 generated up to 980 horsepower (from three liters!) from an engine weighing 84 Kilograms (185 pounds)!

What a time to be an F1 engineer...

Users who are viewing this thread