Turtle Wax 'Black Box'

INJECTEDGT

Established Member
Alright so I've always been a little anal about all the small insignificant scratches that no one else can see. I know I am not the only one. Well a few weeks ago, as some of you know, someone key'd my car down the passenger side rear.

mustang026.jpg

So after getting all pissed off, after hoping it was just a surface scratch, the hunt was on! I didn't want to spend the money to get the car re-painted or spend it to have just the one scratch fixed. I washed the car and the scratch was still there. Well I heard about a wax that was color matched for black. And as most of you know black is black. There isn't very many variations of it. Well I went into Advanced yesterday looking for this wax and I came across this Turtle Wax' Black Box'. The kid at the counter asked me if I had ever used this before I said no, but I'm fixing to find out if it works. Well I had this Meguiars Detail Spray that I used to clean it 1st since I knew it was going to be raining today. Well I used the steps on the box to a T. And here are the results.

mustang027.jpg

I plan on using this over the entire car later on this week. I will take pictures of every little scratch that I know of and show before and after pictures. So for anyone with a black vehicle I recommend this product.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Thanks for the update but I have bad news for you. The kit you bought is nothing special, it's just a cleaner wax and carnauba wax. All of your scratches and swirls were filled and will re-appear later after a few washes.

INJECTEDGT

Established Member
Yeah I know its not a permanent fix. But I was just showing how good it covers it up. No wax or anything of that nature will be permanent. I will continue to use it to cover up all the small stuff that no one likes on their car.

Last edited:

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
looks awesome, i sued it on my black 97 and the car looked like it had a 20k dollar paint jobs untl 5 washes later, but it works awesome..

snkchmr 1

I used it on our Black Mach & thought it worked great. Like the others said not long lasting.

Users who are viewing this thread